• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just after the final whistle watching Bowman leather the ball into the Doble with frustration, said it all.
Not the action of a guy who doesn’t give a to55

Legohead

Banned
Not the action of a guy who doesn’t give a to55
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Ali but if he'd put the same aggression into the previous 90 minutes, no wait...........5 games of football, then we may have more to show for the wages he's picked up for playing those games.

Alistair20000

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Ali but if he'd put the same aggression into the previous 90 minutes, no wait...........5 games of football, then we may have more to show for the wages he's picked up for playing those games.
As I posted on the MDT he did not even have scraps to live off today. No service whatsoever.

Legohead

Banned
As I posted on the MDT he did not even have scraps to live off today. No service whatsoever.
I agree. So did he decide to get more involved and make more runs or just accept it and get arse on about it?

LOG

I can understand the frustrations but the simple fact is that we aren’t creating the same number or type of opportunities that we were earlier in the season, largely because of injuries to some key players and the loss of Law. RyBo has been playing as pretty much a lone man up front and there’s only so much he can do when the ball is pumped up to him and there isn’t anyone running off him.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Every single player back for a corner,no chance of a quick break.Team had the look of our plodding,slow attack from midfield of last season too often when supporting an attack. Wing play was squeezed .

When we hoofed it forward ,who was there?Bowman and no one else.The rest of the team wasn't even close.Jay is our top scorer,but Taylor wants him tidying up in midfield instead of scoring. Suddenly we have started playing 0-0/1-0 football,instead of 4-3 football.Over caution that doesn't get you promoted.Make Bowman today's fall guy,but our problems originate from off field.

Alistair20000

I can understand the frustrations but the simple fact is that we aren’t creating the same number or type of opportunities that we were earlier in the season, largely because of injuries to some key players and the loss of Law. RyBo has been playing as pretty much a lone man up front and there’s only so much he can do when the ball is pumped up to him and there isn’t anyone running off him.
This.

Not helped today by Matt Jay having a poor game. Although Williams got a few chances to deliver balls into the box his execution was mainly turd.

Legohead

Banned
I'm just sounding off about Bowman. I do accept that he's had no service for quite some time and obviously this is going to affect his ability to not only score but to be more than just a peripheral figure in the games, but it's almost as if this is given as an excuse to go missing by some fans. Not in one game but a whole succession of games.

I stand by my view though. I'm not fussed if i ever see Bowman in a city shirt again really.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman now has 1 goal in 11 games.

That is shambolic, I do appreciate the service he is getting is very poor however 1 in 11 is simply not good enough from the only out and out striker in the side.

The problems this is causing are more down to Taylor than Bowman.

I really do hope Taylor is learning from this however I'm not sure he is.

Last edited:

Banksy

Of course it’s down to Taylor , he should have seen a mile off our forwards were not up to it and should have strengthened accordingly in January..But then , everyone on here knows that , so why didn’t he? So he signs and injured defender and let’s a playmaker go.
Plus , he’s so so inflexible.I know he’s nothing much to play with particularly up front , but experiment, put a defender up there , play a youngster , anything but this pathetic petering out of the season and capitulating without a whimper.