• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you lot really think Bowman is going out the door without a replacement being lined up? Bear in mind that's why he didn't go during the season
I had already suspected that, with the shortage of strikers, City would have to turn to Harris. Ian's now given the game away by saying that a replacement is already lined up - he only knows that because its him!

ryancooper327

Team probably changed a bit from your time to mine I guess 😉

View attachment 6321

View attachment 6322

Bowman would have to be on the bench.
I’d love the media team to compile our lineup graphics like this..!

dontpassback

Good luck to Ryan bowman,not the best player we’ve had but certainly not the worst,and always gave100%so I hope he does well for the shrews and I hope Matt Taylor gets a decent replacement

StudentGrecian

I think Matt really wants pace from his frontmen and will look to go that way now.
Given that he tried to sign Akinde in January, I'm not completely sure he is done with the target men. When you have promising wingers like us, you kind of need a target man in the middle IMO.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The pressure is certainly on MT now and I think probably will stay on him during the whole of the coming season.

Borrowing from Horatio Nelson “ECFC and its supporters expect etc”.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always liked Bowman and not surprised to see him go to L1. I doubt he will play any higher than L1 though.

Good luck to him, I can see him getting around 10 goals next season.

geoffwp

Another one of our players that many didnt rate has gone to a club higher up. I hope we get a decent replacement.
There does appear to be a theme to that. I wonder if scouts look at exeweb, find the players who are getting stick or criticised for not being good enough and passing those names on as having obvious potential. Sometimes the collective that is exeweb get it very very wrong. Sometimes?? Hmmm!

Ex-ciderrr

Given that he tried to sign Akinde in January, I'm not completely sure he is done with the target men. When you have promising wingers like us, you kind of need a target man in the middle IMO.
I do agree, you can’t be in league 2 and be done with target men. Akinde im not sure on.

andrew p long

Bowman - a successful signing. We made a profit and he's moved to play at a higher level.

And well done MT - the first MT signing to have subsequently been sold for a fee.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman - a successful signing. We made a profit and he's moved to play at a higher level.
We don't know how much he cost and we don't know how much we sold him for?