• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't the purpose of pre season training to a) get fit and b)learn the style of play the Manager wants ? Miss part of that and it's all catch up and the team at the start of the season falls behind on points. ATM we seem to be nearly up sheet creek with a termite eaten paddle....
Yep, we are totally screwed. Relegation beckons that is if we can even start the season. 😂

DB9

Yep, we are totally screwed. Relegation beckons that is if we can even start the season. 😂
Might as well give up now Geoff and spend the season in a pub with flaggens of ale served by busty wenches! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Matt Phillips

Given Taylor's posturing about the financial position of the club, and his past reliance on Bowman, unless his replacement has already put pen to paper you've got to assume Shrewsbury have paid a premium price...

CWH-NYC_

Certainly looking a bit of a thin squad atm. Lots of experience departed and not much on the inward bound side yet. Only positives so far are the grass is growing and we’ve struck water. Not sure how that will get us out of L2.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given Taylor's posturing about the financial position of the club, and his past reliance on Bowman, unless his replacement has already put pen to paper you've got to assume Shrewsbury have paid a premium price...
Or that Bowman *really* wanted to move on and the manager decided it was better to let him go?

Ex-ciderrr

He done ok overall to be fair to him, not the best not the worst, but I was happy to see he was playing than Ajose Seymour and Fisher playing. I’d guess we would of got something between £50k and 75k for him.

MT needs to act 4 “marquee signings” or “serious signings of serious stature” minimum, I feel we’ve lost a lot of proven league 2 and experienced players. and just left with a lot of young players. Bracing myself for Page departure too now given how long its gone on, just cant see him signing now, however I hope I’m wrong.

ive no doubt we will sign alot of players this summer, or am I majorly panicking at the fact we’ve only signed 1 to date but the quality of these incoming signings will need to be far better than what we had to mount a serious charge to league 1 and as Taylor said “to have a real go at it” next season.

It’s Going to be an interesting few weeks indeed to see how things pan out and shape up for us.

iscalad

Certainly looking a bit of a thin squad atm. Lots of experience departed and not much on the inward bound side yet. Only positives so far are the grass is growing and we’ve struck water. Not sure how that will get us out of L2.
On a flood of optimism

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

SaintJames

A much undervalued and experienced player gone imo. It will be interesting to see if he signs a like for like 'targetman' to carry on the same style linking in with MJ or whether the Manager will change to a new style altogether? I would like to see the boy from Maidenhead join but we are seriously light up top! One thing is for sure in that our current Manager is the polar opposite to the previous one who sought to keep at all costs the nucluous of the existing squad season on season - something that you cant say Taylor is doing :)

ExmouthMart

No pressure on Taylor then to replace his goal return with the same or better. Steve Cotterill saying there is a shortage of free agents, so they had to pay a fee. He’s signed a two year deal with an option for a third year. Makes you wonder why if he was contracted for another year with us why he was allowed to leave?! We are under no pressure to sell as we have this much quoted money in the bank and he was one of the few successes last season. It can only mean our star striker is being replaced by someone that is literally a game changer. Happy days!