• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
My overall point regarding Jay is not in referance to his quality, its more his partnership with Bowman. The reason why I don't see him scoring as many goals is that Bowman is perfectly suited to him. The system that city played last year suited him to a tee. The games in which he played with Fisher and Seymour Jay was nowhere to be seen. I agree with your points about Bowman.

My fear is that if Bowman leaves than the style we play is compromised, which will effect Jay most. He needs a bowman type player to play up top with, as every other striker he has played alongside it hasn't worked out.
Jay doesn't really play in a partnership with Bowman though.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
My thoughts too personally I do not think Bowman leaving will have any effect whatsoever on how Jay plays or on his goal scoring potential.

Oliver

My thoughts too personally I do not think Bowman leaving will have any effect whatsoever on how Jay plays or on his goal scoring potential.
Jay is at his best when Joel Randell is on the pitch.

Grecianpasty

You reckon? What position does Jay play in?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Tranmere fan I work with seems to think Tranmere are interested in signing Bowman as a replacement for Vaughan.

Banksy

It will be interesting to see whether Ryan goes.The sniff of a better contract elsewhere in the January window has probably made him restless now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will be interesting to see whether Ryan goes.The sniff of a better contract elsewhere in the January window has probably made him restless now.
If I were Bowman I'd be more concerned about my form since January rather than worry about bigger contracts elsewhere, potential suitors may have second thoughts after his inept performances.

Red Devon

If I were Bowman I'd be more concerned about my form since January rather than worry about bigger contracts elsewhere, potential suitors may have second thoughts after his inept performances.
Bowman would probably seriously consider Cheltenham if there’s any truth in that rumour...he’d be a good fit there with the way they like to load the penalty box...there wouldn’t be too much pressure either with just staying up been considered as a successful season I’d of thought.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman would struggle to net 5 goals a season in league 1.

Red Devon

Bowman would struggle to net 5 goals a season in league 1.
A little bit harsh if he went to Cheltenham and they continue with Tozer’s long throw tactic he wouldn’t be short of ammunition...I know my head isn’t what it was but even I would fancy myself to get on the end of some of them :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: