Rugby World Cup 2019

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
But both were doing it so bodes well for us I think , we will be too strong.
I'm always a bit cautious, Banksy. Things can always go wrong when you least expect. It looks like we should win, but upsets happen all the time.

I hear that we've had to bring in a replacement for Heinze at scrum half. The replacement is very inexperienced. If Youngs should get injured early on that would be a bit of a problem.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm always a bit cautious, Banksy. Things can always go wrong when you least expect. It looks like we should win, but upsets happen all the time.

I hear that we've had to bring in a replacement for Heinze at scrum half. The replacement is very inexperienced. If Youngs should get injured early on that would be a bit of a problem.
Spencer is a decent player but it's a bit close to matchday for a flight to Japan. Also SA will struggle if they lose their scrum half to an early injury.

Banksy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spencer is a decent player but it's a bit close to matchday for a flight to Japan. Also SA will struggle if they lose their scrum half to an early injury.
De Klerk is a lively little perisher isn’t he! Wouldn’t wish injury on him though . Thought it was funny when he squared up to that massive Welsh player twice his size with a big cheeky grin on his face.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
De Klerk is a lively little perisher isn’t he! Wouldn’t wish injury on him though . Thought it was funny when he squared up to that massive Welsh player twice his size with a big cheeky grin on his face.
I noticed that cheeky grin, too. He might not have been grinning so much if it had happened down a back alley.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
For reasons entirely personal (and which I am unable/unwilling to divulge in public), I shall be cheering SA on this Saturday.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
England have been fined a couple of grand because someone trod over the halfway line whilst facing NZ,s haka.

Sometimes I despair.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
England have been fined a couple of grand because someone trod over the halfway line whilst facing NZ,s haka.

Sometimes I despair.
On their 1972-73 tour of the British Isles, the All Blacks didn't do the haka at all until the last game - the famous one against the Barbarians at Cardiff. So at that time they didn't regard it as a sacred ritual which must be carried out at all costs, to be regarded with awe by their cowed opponents.

Next time we should retaliate by insisting on doing a Morris Dance, and see how they like that.