• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rory McArdle joins. Now signs for Harrogate

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just been confirmed

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He spoke to Lawsy first

StudentGrecian

Sounds like a solid centre half and relatively pleased with his signing, until reading this from MT;

"We have got to manage him in terms of the amount of games he is going to play, but also his training load. We need him available for most of the season.”

Surely considering we are light at CB and going to be cramming games in left right and centre this year, you’d think we wouldn’t have gone after someone who we already know can’t play every week.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are we looking at being a more physical team, a bit like Northampton?

Arthur Davey

Yep, I think that's what MT had intimated previously...Although maybe not exactly like Northampton 😏

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
We certainly got out fought by them, I've never seen us a really physical team before. I'm a bit "Meh" with this signing, At 33 with games being crammed in as the EFL want every competition played I hope he's up to it.

dontpassback

What is refreshing to hear from a new player,is what the players he has spoken to say about our club,obviously knowing matt Taylor helped,but when players like Nicky law says good things about city it goes a long way to help getting players to come down here and I think that is half the battle of a settled squad of players

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strong down the spine of the side with pace and trickery in wide areas it seems.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think MT wants a centre-back who is dominant in the air. Let's hope McArdle will be.