• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rory McArdle joins. Now signs for Harrogate

SaintJames

Is this forum only open to people who watch matches now? Wow.
silly question but do you think it would give you a more informed view of the team and the individual players in which to comment on a discussion board?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
silly question but do you think it would give you a more informed view of the team and the individual players in which to comment on a discussion board?
Yes, it would. But before last season as an Exile with other commitments I was averaging not much more than one league game per season but has been on this board for a decade or more....so...(!).. And I also think it would have helped more (this isn't directed at you personally) if Exmouth Mart's question had been answered (or not) rather than people questioning his right to ask it. (the McArdle position was a bit puzzling if you'd seen only part of the story)

SaintJames

Yes, it would. But before last season as an Exile with other commitments I was averaging not much more than one league game per season but has been on this board for a decade or more....so...(!).. And I also think it would have helped more (this isn't directed at you personally) if Exmouth Mart's question had been answered (or not) rather than people questioning his right to ask it. (the McArdle position was a bit puzzling if you'd seen only part of the story)
To a degree yes Andrew but for one or two posters questions are usually full of personal agendas. This poster has been forthright in saying he wants rid of the manager and equally is imo overtly critical of the club. So when a 'question' is posed when he hasn't even watched the player is just another opportunity to have a dig at the manager. It's a bit like saying Les Mis in the West End is clearly carp or Coronation Street is past its sell by date without ever having watched. Opinions are plentiful on these boards and many of us have good banter with regards to individual players. I dont agree with our glovesman from across the pond each time he posts but he usually does so after watching a game or at least the highlights.

ExmouthMart

As a not fully committed fan, I obviously missed the DevonLive article about McArdles sudden departure. Sorry for upsetting the 99% of real fans on Exeweb. In these more enlightened times it’s a bit of a low blow to make a comment about someone’s mental state or is this the aforementioned ‘banter’.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jesus, reading back the last few pages doesn’t make exeweb seem a welcoming place. ExmouthMart asked a simple question and there was a simple answer that SimonBB kindly answered.

SaintJames

As a not fully committed fan, I obviously missed the DevonLive article about McArdles sudden departure. Sorry for upsetting the 99% of real fans on Exeweb. In these more enlightened times it’s a bit of a low blow to make a comment about someone’s mental state or is this the aforementioned ‘banter’.
Please dont make up accusations about mental health there was nothing of the sort. End of. If you choose not to watch your club that is entirely your choice even if it seems a tad incredible

ExmouthMart

Please dont make up accusations about mental health there was nothing of the sort. End of. If you choose not to watch your club that is entirely your choice even if it seems a tad incredible
Obtuse, which comes to us from the Latin word obtusus, meaning "dull" or "blunt," can describe an angle that is not acute or a person who is mentally "dull" or slow of mind. The word has also developed a somewhat controversial sense of "hard to comprehend," probably as a result of confusion with abstruse.

SaintJames

Obtuse, which comes to us from the Latin word obtusus, meaning "dull" or "blunt," can describe an angle that is not acute or a person who is mentally "dull" or slow of mind. The word has also developed a somewhat controversial sense of "hard to comprehend," probably as a result of confusion with abstruse.
The meaning of Obtuse in modern english has nothing to do with mental health so why are you seeking to mislead? This is/has become rather dull and tedious for everyone else who wishes to discuss matters relating to Exeter City FC