• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Romesh Ranganathan

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do know those aren't his real teeth, don't you?
Whether they are or not he's still failing in his job

STURTZ

I like Romesh, got a great raport with the camera, those blank looks are hilarious. Was a bit suspicious of a comedian using his mother as a cheap prop but she is genuinely funny as well!

A hit with me, the fact that he has a passing resemblence to Ajose helps.

Alistair20000

I have never heard of him.

Avening Posse

Neither have I

Legohead

Banned
I have heard of him and seen him. Not keen to be honest. I do like Richard Ayoade though.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you own a TV ?

Alistair20000

Legohead

Banned
I also find 'that bloke with the teeth' as Manc puts it, highly annoying and not funny. A lot of comedians these days are just too shouty and loud. It's really annoying. I guess that's why i like Richard Ayoade.

Tom Allen is another comedian who ii guess is marmite. On the one hand i doo find his off the cuff interactions with members of the public on Bake off and extra slice mildly amusing but he ruins it with constant innuendo and references to being homosexual. This seems to be a frequent trait of some homosexual tv personalities. Ok you're a homosexual. We get it. It's absolutely fine. No issues here. Just don't highlight the fact every other sentence please Tom.

I can just imagine the uproar if a straight bloke comedian constantly made remarks about women, sex and inappropriate innuendo.

So Tom Allen has the potential to be a bit funny if he just dropped the constant remarks and quips about being homosexual.

LOG

I don't mind Romesh but i wouldn't pay to see him as i find him a bit one dimensional. He does a podcast with Tom Davis which can be quite good although King Gary was turd.

Some comedians go through a process which cumulates in them being completely over exposed - at one point you couldn't turn on the TV without seeing Katherine Ryan - and Romesh is reaching that point. Tom Allen, as mentioned, is another.

I think the thing is that being a comedian isn't an easy way to make a living and so they just make the most of their moment.

elginCity

Katherine Ryan ? Never heard of him. Who's that comedian with Chinese blood and irritating voice, always seems to be on the tele.