• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale 23 Apr 22 pre match discussion

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing about Grounds fitness is that he almost certainly couldn't do 95 minutes.

If he starts MT would have to use one of his available subs to replace him, thus (significantly?) reducing MT's options. I think this will play a part in MT's thinking.
And it’s not just tomorrow. We have three potentially huge games in a week and Grounds is not going to be able to play every minute of every game. That means we either have to revert to a back 4 or trust Diabate to play at some point. I can see both sides of the argument but I think I would show faith in Diabate by starting him against Rochdale and have the option to bring Grounds off the bench if needed, as probably should have happened against Tranmere.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
One thing about Grounds fitness is that he almost certainly couldn't do 95 minutes.

If he starts MT would have to use one of his available subs to replace him, thus (significantly?) reducing MT's options. I think this will play a part in MT's thinking.
Another spot on prediction; I told you all that Grounds couldn't last 95 minutes yesterday:rolleyes:

Alistair20000

Another spot on prediction; I told you all that Grounds couldn't last 95 minutes yesterday:rolleyes:
He looked knackered towards the end of the match.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He looked knackered towards the end of the match.
He looks knackered most of the time! However, once he sorted out his positioning and stopped being dragged into the middle I thought he did a really good job for the team.

STURTZ

Grounds is quality, cant remember him letting us down, without Hartridge by far our best choice at LCB.

At this stage in the season experience is a very important factor in us keeping our nerve.