• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale 23 Apr 22 pre match discussion

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I Hope not, 34 year old who’s not match fit. As you say hasn’t played since Swindon, Would worry the life out of me.
Pretty sure Grounds has never been 'match-fit' all season, having only appeared sporadically. He's not let us down when he has.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I Hope not, 34 year old who’s not match fit. As you say hasn’t played since Swindon, Would worry the life out of me.
One thing about Grounds fitness is that he almost certainly couldn't do 95 minutes.

If he starts MT would have to use one of his available subs to replace him, thus (significantly?) reducing MT's options. I think this will play a part in MT's thinking.

Cowshed Grecian

Pretty sure Grounds has never been 'match-fit' all season, having only appeared sporadically. He's not let us down when he has.
Apart from the Leyton Orient game when he looked as though he had the agility of Harry Maguire and got him self sent off He hasn’t let us down to be fair.

Cowshed Grecian

One thing about Grounds fitness is that he almost certainly couldn't do 95 minutes.

If he starts MT would have to use one of his available subs to replace him, thus (significantly?) reducing MT's options. I think this will play a part in MT's thinking.
He’s not going to start anyway, why would he drop Chieck? It’s not going to happen.

Cowshed Grecian

The only decision MT has to make is regarding Calum Rowe, who as he said was dynamic with Collins against Stevenage.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s not going to start anyway, why would he drop Chieck? It’s not going to happen.
In a game where we'll probably have lots of possession KMT might opt for someone who can bring the ball out from the back

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from the Leyton Orient game when he looked as though he had the agility of Harry Maguire and got him self sent off He hasn’t let us down to be fair.
He wasn't helped by being given a hospital pass by, you guessed it, Nigel Atangana.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because he was partly to blame for the goal we conceded at Tranmere and got himself needlessly booked. Matt Taylor may decide a more experienced player may cope better with the pressure of a big match.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wish in a personal level they wouldn't advertise the tickets left as i am desperate to go tomorrow but work / Childcare means it is just not possible and then seeing every few hours "You could still try and make it work" is tough to take.

It is really good news though that the home ends will again sell out and means 3/4 last home games will be sell outs which is simply amazing.