• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale 23 Apr 22 pre match discussion

Cowshed Grecian

For me it depends who plays at LWB. If Matt continues with Sparkes then I think he should play Grounds at LCB. Otherwise it should be Caprice. MJ to return in place of Rowe. Phillips could be keen to prove himself as his loan has hardly been much of help to him in terms of match play and he needs to justify himself to his Huddersfield management with the end of the season coming up.
I’d be concerned about Grounds match sharpness, same as when Antangana came in, the pace of the game is so quick these days I think it shows on these older players when they’re not playing regularly.

older-codger

I’d be concerned about Grounds match sharpness, same as when Antangana came in, the pace of the game is so quick these days I think it shows on these older players when they’re not playing regularly.
I wouldn't disagree, though I presume that his fitness would be taken into account. I just think that Sparkes loses out without Hartridge. If there is any doubt about Grounds' fitness then Caprice should be at LWB.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am always a happy clapper when it comes to city players and if they wear the shirt I am positive for them, there was one incident on Monday though where Oz appeared to be happier tangling with the defender rather than win the ball and or a foul which has put a question mark out there

Cowshed Grecian

I wouldn't disagree, though I presume that his fitness would be taken into account. I just think that Sparkes loses out without Hartridge. If there is any doubt about Grounds' fitness then Caprice should be at LWB.
I’m not sure why MT has underused Caprice recently. I know Sparkes has done well. However for big parts of this season Caprice pace and carrying of the ball has been a huge threat for us.

Cowshed Grecian

I am always a happy clapper when it comes to city players and if they wear the shirt I am positive for them, there was one incident on Monday though where Oz appeared to be happier tangling with the defender rather than win the ball and or a foul which has put a question mark out there
It’s alright being a happy clapper, but we are trying to get promoted. Otherwise I’d be playing up front for us, getting paid to play for city and gladly taking your applause whilst I constantly ballooned the ball into the big bank!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not sure why MT has underused Caprice recently. I know Sparkes has done well. However for big parts of this season Caprice pace and carrying of the ball has been a huge threat for us.
Funnily enough I thought KMT should have brought Caprice on for Sparkes on Monday, I felt Jake's pace would have had more success against their right back than Jack had. And his crossing couldn't have been much worse.

Cowshed Grecian

Funnily enough I thought KMT should have brought Caprice on for Sparkes on Monday, I felt Jake's pace would have had more success against their right back than Jack had. And his crossing couldn't have been much worse.
I don’t think he’s been on the pitch since Oldham where he raced through in the last minute and put it on a plate for Jevani.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Phillips could be keen to prove himself as his loan has hardly been much of help to him in terms of match play and he needs to justify himself to his Huddersfield management with the end of the season coming up.
Ironically Phillips probably has the best goals to minutes ratio of our entire squad. As an aside, while I appreciate it's about more than finishing, who thinks Oz would have converted the chance Kieran did at Bradford?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
450 tickets for the BB remain for Saturday’s game.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even if Grounds is fit to start he’s very unlikely to be able to play 3 full matches in a week.