• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale 23 Apr 22 pre match discussion

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Agree, was hoping it would be sold out or nearly by now. While we should win any extra advantage is welcome so fans on all four sides and extra noise can definitely help. Unless it becomes all ticket they could possibly sell away end tickets on the day, Rochdale won’t need more space than Colchester and may not need as much imo.

AndrewP

Result on Saturday will spur people on for the Barrow game - which may well be close to a sell out as the last home game of the season still available.....and also one which could seal promotion...

TOP_CITY_FAN

Win on Saturday and I expect Barrow to be sold out by 12:00 lunchtime Sunday.

fred binneys head

We could be promoted this Saturday, I'd hope the club will be pushing this message to maximise ticket sales.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could be promoted this Saturday, I'd hope the club will be pushing this message to maximise ticket sales.
Are you TVR is disguise?! ;-)

Avening Posse

Massive doesn't even come near it for me. Win this and pressure drops ten fold. I personally think if this game and Barrow ended up as disasters we would pull it out of the bag in the tougher games anyway, but I definitely do not not want to test the theory !

Cowshed Grecian

Team I’d like to see against Rochdale:
Dawson
Sweeney Stubbs Diabate
Key Collins Dieng Caprice
Brown Jay
Amond

denzel

I would give Ozzie another go. Played well enough in our last home game, this should be similar, and he won't be available for Barrow

Cowshed Grecian

I would give Ozzie another go. Played well enough in our last home game, this should be similar, and he won't be available for Barrow
Just my opinion I think they’re might be a player in there, but he just frustrates me more and more. People on here say he leads the line and holds the ball up, I can’t see it to me he hardly ever retains the ball and gives away too many fouls. It takes him too long to get the ball out of his feet and he has poor positional sense and I’m not confident of him taking a chance unless it’s an open goal. Having a physical presence up top isn’t a necessity. We ripped Bristol Rovers apart with Amond and Brown up front. Just a football opinion nothing personal against Oz, I’m sure he’s nice lad. MT appears to prefer him over Phillips and Amond so I’ll back his judgment and pray Oz helps us beat Rochdale if selected.

older-codger

For me it depends who plays at LWB. If Matt continues with Sparkes then I think he should play Grounds at LCB. Otherwise it should be Caprice. MJ to return in place of Rowe. Phillips could be keen to prove himself as his loan has hardly been much of help to him in terms of match play and he needs to justify himself to his Huddersfield management with the end of the season coming up.