• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale 23 Apr 22 pre match discussion

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think he’s been on the pitch since Oldham where he raced through in the last minute and put it on a plate for Jevani.
Jake started the next game against Port Vale and came off the bench against Carlisle. I think his lack of game time is less to do with him doing anything wrong and more to do with how well Josh and Jack have been playing.

Cowshed Grecian

Ironically Phillips probably has the best goals to minutes ratio of our entire squad. As an aside, while I appreciate it's about more than finishing, who thinks Oz would have converted the chance Kieran did at Bradford?
Nah, he would of been too busy wrestling with the defender to flick that ball into the net. Right I’m going to lay off Ozzie for the rest of the day!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Big Bank tickets sell then the away end is being opened to our fans

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, he would of been too busy wrestling with the defender to flick that ball into the net.
Maybe.

On the other hand, maybe Phillips wouldn't have been there to nod in the goal v. Colchester, his anticipation is poor.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would just make two changes personally. Grounds and MJ for Cheick and Rowe. Whilst they probably won't be as bad as Colchester were, I think we might get a good amount of possession against Rochdale and Grounds ability to bring the ball out will be an advantage. Barrow could be more of a battle suitable for Cheick.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taking into account that Oz won't be available on the Tuesday,it will do Phillips some good to get some match pràctice in the Rochdale gam.Don't believe Taylor trusts him enough to start him on Saturday.

Oliver

A few (probably) useless stats on Rochdale this season.

They have 4 away wins at Northampton-Port Vale-Barrow and their last away victory was at Scunthorpe on Feb 19th.
They have only scored once in their last 5 away games ie. 1 goal at Leyton Orient.

Their form has been totally unpredictable, and going through their results they are quite capable of beating anybody on
their day.............this will not be an easy game for City.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
A few (probably) useless stats on Rochdale this season.

They have 4 away wins at Northampton-Port Vale-Barrow and their last away victory was at Scunthorpe on Feb 19th.
They have only scored once in their last 5 away games ie. 1 goal at Leyton Orient.

Their form has been totally unpredictable, and going through their results they are quite capable of beating anybody on
their day.............this will not be an easy game for City.
Perhaps we should seek their advice on how to beat Northampton Barrow and Port Vale by the look of it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taking into account that Oz won't be available on the Tuesday,it will do Phillips some good to get some match pràctice in the Rochdale gam.Don't believe Taylor trusts him enough to start him on Saturday.
Nombe will be back Tuesday