• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Robbie Simpson

Exe on Valdez

I thought that MK would be serious about promotion this season. This signing makes it clear why Tisdale likes a roller and a long term project.

Please please please unleash Simpson against City at the end of next month. :D

ecfc-boy

Glad I’m not a dons fan it will be great to c him play against city as the only man up front

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now that one IS a head-scratcher. I'd thought Simpson would have retired or dropped to semi-pro level.
Indeed. But it may be that what a relegated club need most of all is the right characters to change its culture and to build a squad spirit. In modern football you need players who can give you the occasional 10-20 minutes, but who aren’ t angling for a transfer because they are not starting.

Pointedly on MKD website it says a ‘short term deal’, so months only. And IIRC Simpson did alright in his last ECFC match and many were disappointed that he was left out for the next game....

Colesman Ballz

Tis is clearly becoming very desperate ! :)

manc grecian

I'm not sure the people of Milton Keynes have the patience to see him cobble together a side full of one legged characters and proper chaps.

Langer

Seems a strange one to me but he must know what his doing 10+ years of successful-ish manager experience

Colesman Ballz

He wanted Jayden Stockley and has ended up with Simmo, just makes me smile !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems a strange one to me but he must know what his doing 10+ years of successful-ish manager experience
Where did you just drop down from ??

LOG

His agent should be put in charge of Brexit negotiations.

Dubai Grecian

Tisdale does what Tisdale does and he certainly loves a speculative signing. Let’s just hope that all those years we waited to see what Simpson could do come back to haunt us.