• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rob Edwards joins Watford

Has he? you might want to post a link to support that view.

As far as football managers at FGR are concerned he's been pretty loyal to them and has given them time to build their teams - in hindsight more time than some of them deserved.
I didn't say the football club? I said "In his companies." Particularly the energy one(s) he is very ruthless. Some would say unfairly so. but I am just quoting ex-employees who may have an axe to grind.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably just as well we didn't manage a last gasp equaliser against the Vale....otherwise KMT might have been on his way to leafy Herts for a brief stay as curate at the Vicarage?

andrew p long

Probably just as well we didn't manage a last gasp equaliser against the Vale....otherwise KMT might have been on his way to leafy Herts for a brief stay as curate at the Vicarage?
If we had equalised -v- Port Vale, the media narrative might have been quite different re Edwards as FGR manager. The story would have been about how FGR threw away an 18 point (?) lead at the top of the table, rather than all the stuff about League two title winners. (even though their own record would have been identical in the two scenarios! )

StroudGrecian

I didn't say the football club? I said "In his companies." Particularly the energy one(s) he is very ruthless. Some would say unfairly so. but I am just quoting ex-employees who may have an axe to grind.
The football club is one of his companies, but never mind. I know many people who work or have worked for Ecotricity, generally he is considered to be a decent employer, so yes, it does sound like you've listened to someone who is very much the exception. His loyalty to his employers goes some way to explain his irritation at Rob Edwards lack of loyalty back.

dontpassback

Judging by Watford’s capitulation against Leicester today,I th8nk he might have his work cut out next season