• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Jon Gittens

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad news...Jon was quality you could see he had that higher league pedigree....played in that mid table finish we had under Peter Fox which at the time was pretty lofty finish by the Grecians standards.

budegrecian

Indeed, Very, very sad loss at such a young age.
Not sure what his role was at Winchester, or where his career took him after being released by Noel Blake, but like other posters, I remember him as the toughest of CH's who could also play a bit and would never let the side down.
RIP jon. Thoughts to all his family and friends.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shocking news! Thoughts and condolences to all who knew him. And from a purely personal selfish point of view it doesn't half make me feel old that a player I watched in my 20's has passed away.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

mustangspeed2006

Sad news — I echo the thoughts posted on here. RIP.

sign of the chimes

That's no age, what sad news. He spent a few years at Fratton Park; an uncompromising defender from an era when tackling was a different art to today.

RIP Jon. Condolences to his loved ones.

denzil

A real shock this !! Excellent defender for us - RIP Jon

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember him well, good solid central defender old school but had something about him - as has been said far to young - RIP

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

dontpassback

Very sad news,as others have said Jon used to put his foot in and was a tough no nonsense player,55 is no age at all and condolences to his friends and family RIP