• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Dacre Holloway

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lovely man. I always admired the amount of time he put into the club, all on an unpaid basis. He'll be extremely difficult to replace, persons like him are few and far between. RIP Dacre.

denzil

Devastating news and I'm really shocked - thinking of Dacre's Family and Friends

Ian Tarr

Echoing all that has been said above.

A great, great servant to ECFC, and a lovely bloke.

Very upsetting news.

grecianette

Such terrible news. It will be strange not seeing him around the ground anymore.

Best wishes to all his family and friends.

RIP Dacre.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
One of the true heroes of ECFC. Honest, selfless and a thoroughly good bloke. RIP Dacre.

DARREN

Reading this I'm lost for words. A true gentleman who was truly comitted to the club. A great loss. My condolences to the family.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tragic and shocking news. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. Only knew him from here and via PMs and email, but seemed a smashing guy.

A little bit early I know, but if anyone hears of a collection or something similar that will happen in his name, please post on here or PM me the details. I'd like to donate something.

Dan Hammett (aka LL)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Echo everyone's comments above. Only met him a few times, had my own private tour of the grandstand by him in the summer, which was a great experience. A great bloke, ECFC through and through. Will be missed.

Spicy Nik Nak

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have had the privilege of knowing Dacre for some time, a lovely man who will be sadly missed. I have spoken to his neighbours and friends from outside football this morning and they all feel the same way about him as we who have been priviliged to know him at the club do.

RIP Dacre

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gutted.....simply gutted.....Dacre was one of life's gentlemen. It was only at the Chester game I loaned him a hand to remove some sticky plastic sheeting from the roof of the new dugouts before the game. I will never forget his character and wry humour.

That's four now in almost as many weeks, Cec Smythe, Dermot, Colin the supporter's coach driver and now Dacre.

Tragic and likely to be close to irreplaceable.

Condolences and regards to all Dacre's family.