• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Return of fans

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I said major sporting event, as opposed to pub game.:p
Wouldn't mind £500k for winning a game down the pub 🙂

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
The major cause of our Covid problems?
In the scheme of things that went on last year I’d say probably not, wouldn’t you? (Not that it helped things in any way shape or form I’ll grant you)

Fareham Grecian

In the scheme of things that went on last year I’d say probably not, wouldn’t you? (Not that it helped things in any way shape or form I’ll grant you)
I thought it was accepted that that game and the Cheltenham Festival were super spreader events that significantly accelerated the spread of infection. You weren’t nervous at the time because you didn’t know (weren’t being told the truth about) what was happening!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought it was accepted that that game and the Cheltenham Festival were super spreader events that significantly accelerated the spread of infection. You weren’t nervous at the time because you didn’t know (weren’t being told the truth about) what was happening!
Just had a google and you’re quite correct, this is an interesting article.
I do remember discussing with my Brother-in-law a few days earlier whether the game would even go ahead. And who knew that our McDonald’s at a services on the way home would be our last meal out for months.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Reminder. Keep off the politics!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame it was an interesting discussion.

Boyo

It's not accepted at all by the people who understand the statistics - because it's not true.

There was a significant concern that this might happen, but there was actually no statistically significant spreading of CV in Gloucestershire. Ireland, Liverpool, or Madrid following those events (or indeed in South Dakota where the Sturges Harley Davidson rally was expected to be a super-spreader because hundreds of thousands of people congregated there).
Basically because it turned out that outdoor events are not usually huge transmission vectors among healthy adults.

The first wave of CV last Spring was indeed a huge f**k up by government and the NHS, because it spread among older people in indoor settings.

But unfortunately reporting of CV is led by politics and media agendas, not the statistics.
There are no statistics from March last year, because there was no effective method of collecting the data on a mass scale. Testing was largely restricted to hospitals and care homes through those early months.

Back on topic(!), I see that 40,000 people will be at Wembley for the round of 16. That's about 45% of capacity, which if applied to SJP would give us a capacity of c4,000.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are no statistics from March last year, because there was no effective method of collecting the data on a mass scale. Testing was largely restricted to hospitals and care homes through those early months.

Back on topic(!), I see that 40,000 people will be at Wembley for the round of 16. That's about 45% of capacity, which if applied to SJP would give us a capacity of c4,000.
A scramble for tickets perhaps, with circa 1500 season tickets leave 2500 on the open market

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
And now it 60,000 for the semis and final, as well as allowing the 2,500 UEFA delegates to swerve any quarantine. As the inimitable Marina Hyde asks 'what could possibly go wrong?!'
On this basis, we should be allowed circa 6,000 at SJP at the beginning of next season – unless of course, it's one rule for those trying to keep UEFA sweet and another one for clubs playing in League Two.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
And now it 60,000 for the semis and final, as well as allowing the 2,500 UEFA delegates to swerve any quarantine. As the inimitable Marina Hyde asks 'what could possibly go wrong?!'
On this basis, we should be allowed circa 6,000 at SJP at the beginning of next season – unless of course, it's one rule for those trying to keep UEFA sweet and another one for clubs playing in League Two.
You're forgetting the 250 un-quarantined UEFA delegates that should be allowed, presumably hospitality places in the IP stand 😉