• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and to add, I thought Taylor was pretty scathing in his assessment of Croll and Hamon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Could Rhys Murphy be a target. Scored 25 goals for Chelmsford last season, but has been released by them.

ryancooper327

Although not wholly accurate, I am compiling a shortlist of EFL released players here https://sofifa.com/shortlist/44866

Obviously Fifa is just a game but is a slight indicator to a player's attributes.

I'm not including players discussing contracts/transfer listed. It's just released players

mustangspeed2006

Oh, and to add, I thought Taylor was pretty scathing in his assessment of Croll and Hamon.
It was quite refreshing to read an honest appraisal of both players though.

I can only go by highlights, but Hamon looked fairly poor when he had to step in for Pym last season, so I think MT's comments are fair.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It was quite refreshing to read an honest appraisal of both players though.

I can only go by highlights, but Hamon looked fairly poor when he had to step in for Pym last season, so I think MT's comments are fair.
Oh I don't think the comments are unfair, just not usually what you see from a manager when bidding players farewell!

dommers

Matt obviously thinks Croll has a career in professional if he can sort his body but is not prepared to offer a contract to reflect this which I guess is fair enough.
It will interesting to what sort of offer is made to Brown given his injury record over the last 18 months is worse.

J-Han

I thought this too, particularly of Hamon. We shouldn't be surprised though, everyone is always saying how honest Matty is.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
No surprises with the main first team players but I am, in some respects, a little surprised about Max Smallcombe. IIRC, he appeared to be progressing to the fore along with Amps Junior, not to the same rate but sufficiently to be seen as one of the real possibilities of the next one coming through.
I've said enough times what I think about Pym possibily going. He does a good job for us but is replaceable. I hope Hiram doesn't go though. He's a bit like Ryan Harley in some respects (maybe not as consistent in performance), he can be frustrating at times, has a habit of picking up niggly injuries just as he really looks like he's going to set our world on fire but when he pulls something out of the hat you know it's going to be bloody special and it's worth the hassle.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will interesting to what sort of offer is made to Brown given his injury record over the last 18 months is worse.
My thoughts exactly, particularly regarding his comments on twitter about game time. Obviously rates Troy but will he be prepared to give him a long term contract (more than six months) with his injury history - that said the club have invested a lot of time and money in getting him fit again so to be seen,

P.S Any news on a new Fitness guru after Wiseman left

Temporarily Exiled

I hope Hiram doesn't go though. He's a bit like Ryan Harley in some respects (maybe not as consistent in performance), he can be frustrating at times, has a habit of picking up niggly injuries just as he really looks like he's going to set our world on fire but when he pulls something out of the hat you know it's going to be bloody special and it's worth the hassle.
Is his injury record that bad? I thought it was really just the one big injury - he played in the vast majority of our games the season before.