• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List 2022/23

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there any news yet ?
shouldn't take long should it? Once the courtesy of discussions with players has taken place then a 'retained list' could be issued. As mentioned only 4 players are out of contract who hadn't had their contract offer position announced prior to the weekend..

And I seem to recall GC saying a couple of weeks ago 'we know who we want to keep'. By which he also presumably means 'we know who we don't want to keep'

Boyo

So we need, one way or another, eight potentially twelve new players for next season. Let the guessing and speculation begin.
I'd expect Borges and Cox to feature at times next season, even if that includes a few months on loan as well.

Squeezebox

Well there we go then, Gary Woods just signed 1 year contract extension!

Grecianman135

🤦‍♂️ Honest to God he won't be number one next season????

Last edited:
Provided Gary is our second choice keeper I'm fine with that, but as first choice I would be seriously concerned as not big enough and some of his flaps at crosses cause real concern. Hope beyond hope that Harry Lee is good enough to be No.1, or if not a keeper as good as Jamal, otherwise we are again going to concede too many goals. Most important aspect for defenders us to have confidence in their keeper; does Gary inspire this?

tavyred

Love it when we do business early.
No idea if he’s going to be our number one next season, but it avoids the scramble of last pre season when we were borderline panicking about not getting an experienced keeper in.

Rosencrantz

Gary says in the interview that he is here to compete for the jersey which would suggest another first team level goalkeeper. That could be Jamal, Harry or AN Other. He is a decent keeper, just not as secure on crosses as Jamal, but then again, very few goalkeepers are.

Red Bill

🤦‍♂️ Honest to God he won't be number one next season????
"The manager has not given me any new expectations, and he still wants everyone to be competing for a starting spot."
I would infer that this comment suggests he won't be.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Memphis will be fuming.

Colesman Ballz

Memphis will be fuming.
No change there, it was ever thus ! :)