• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List 2021

Max Payne 2

I feel sorry for The Fish.

He has not been given enough game time.
Was ordinary at best I thought. An ambitious Conf South or North side would be the best fit.

Red Bill

I thought Taylors interview was a very honest and full appraisal that put some reasoning and facts behind most of the issues that have been discussed on here over the season. It would seem that his view is not too far away from the views expressed here and his comments have given me genuine hope for next season if what appears to be his plans come to fruition.

I get the feeling from his interview that a decision was made to pretty much sacrifice this season for the benefit of next, but our early season form was well above what was expected.
Personally I'm reasonably satisfied with his explanations of our short comings and didn't see them as excuses as I have to admit I have been.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was ordinary at best I thought. An ambitious Conf South or North side would be the best fit.
You may be right.

My point is that we have just not seen enough evidence.

Memphis09

I don’t never good enough

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's got enough about him to get a deal in the National League.

He scored 2 goals for us in next to no minutes, if he'd been given the game time Bowman got he would have done OK.

Red Bill

I like the guy, but keeping Sweeney over Parkes?…I don’t agree that one
A few months ago I'd have agreed with you, I liked Parkes, but I though MT explained his reasoning behind that decision very well in the interview, and having heard it it makes a lot of sense to me.

grecianstew

So it would seem (as reported on here earlier) both Atangana and Bowman had signed extensions in the not so distant past. Is our money safe in MTs hands?

Bittners a Legend

Having watched that excellent Matt Taylor video explaining his decisions (a good reminder of why I still find him refreshing compared to Tisdale) it is clear that he told Fisher he was going to be behind Seymour regardless and that Fisher chose to stay. Clearly Fish's game is more developed than Seymour's but I'm not sure more game time for him would have changed how our season panned out.

Based on what Taylor says at the end of the interview about "2 maybe 3" strikers being recruited in the summer I would read between the lines that Seymour is likely to go out on loan.

If we hadn't signed Fisher when Yeovil went down, I doubt he would have stayed in league football. Wonder if he might go back to Yeovil?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hoping we can get these guys on a permanent.....
  • Jökull Andrésson
  • Robbie Willmott
Jokull yes. Willmott hopefully we can do better.

tonykellowfan

Parkes clearly burnt his bridges by basically letting himself go during lockdown. I'm not at all surprised he has been released.