• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Replacement for Gill

Mikkle

And if you play with yourself quite a bit, i'd imagine your eyesight is a bit poor, in which case your view of the game probably isnt that accurate!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good joke
saunders cant take players on, cant boss the midfield and IMO is worst player in the team. I would rather play myself
What a load of teenage bo!!ocks!! If he is the worst player in the side how do you think he managed THAT goal against Barnet? Nobody else in the club would have even tried it. Hopefullyy, finally Saunders will get a good pre-season unnder his belt and we will really see what he is about. The boy knows how to play, make no mistake about that.

Pobbop

Yeah, as others have said, between Harley, Sercs and Saunders we've got to have enough to cover him, or we should be looking to get rid of those players. Think they can all be said to have played out-of-position, because of Gills dominance in the role.

Midfield is really not where we need strengthening, IMHO.

Well-known Exeweb poster
ERM, do we not have manny panther anymore??? he had a great spell last season just before we got russell and imo russell was not as good as him
For me MP is al about energy and power, a box to box midfielder
IMO hasnt really got the first touch or the distributing skill to come into the gill replacement scenario.

Last edited:

JamieEcfc

What a load of teenage bo!!ocks!! If he is the worst player in the side how do you think he managed THAT goal against Barnet? Nobody else in the club would have even tried it. Hopefullyy, finally Saunders will get a good pre-season unnder his belt and we will really see what he is about. The boy knows how to play, make no mistake about that.
Couldnt agree any more [y]

STURTZ

Saunders is undoubtably a class act.

Yes he did start fairly poorly last season but he gradually improved until about the time we played Barnet. His form did seem to drop off again after that and I wondered whether his injury was playing him up?

Hope a rest and a steady pre season will see him ready to step up a gear, it's only injury that has stopped him developing at a higher tier.

geoffwp

Not sure that Ryan Harley will be able to adapt his game to the fact that he will get very little time on the ball, especially early doors over 90 minutes. He likes a few touches and to be pretty when that won't always be possible in that position. If he can adapt to that then the fact that he is good on both feet, can pass accurately with both, will help him a lot. I think he's going to start the season where Gill was last season.
I think I'm in agreement with much of this antman. Of all my City wishes the one I would most like to happen is for Ryan to start showing us just what he is capable of on a consistent basis. IMO he is one of the most talented players we have in the squad and it is a great shame that he has failed to show this regularly. He is a frustrating player. I've seen touches that were brilliantly awsome followed not long after by periods where many have described him as lazy. I recall a challenge he went into at Brentford, an important one that needed making,that he pulled out of. It was so disappointingly obvious. Then he goes and gets me hooked all over again with a lovely goal next game. Ryan makes me tear my hair out and I can ill afford to lose much more...so come on Ryan...set L1 alight.

iscalad

I think I'm in agreement with much of this antman. Of all my City wishes the one I would most like to happen is for Ryan to start showing us just what he is capable of on a consistent basis. IMO he is one of the most talented players we have in the squad and it is a great shame that he has failed to show this regularly. He is a frustrating player. I've seen touches that were brilliantly awsome followed not long after by periods where many have described him as lazy. I recall a challenge he went into at Brentford, an important one that needed making,that he pulled out of. It was so disappointingly obvious. Then he goes and gets me hooked all over again with a lovely goal next game. Ryan makes me tear my hair out and I can ill afford to lose much more...so come on Ryan...set L1 alight.
If I recall correctly, at my age I may not, did Ryan not put through a sublime pass for our goal at Brentford?

Classy player, needs to be a bit more consistent. And he ain't ever going to learn to tackle so no point in harping on about it.

ps I can't afford to lose anymore hair either.

Last edited:

geoffwp

ps I can't afford to lose anymore hair either.
guess we're both destined to be bald old farts iscalad. ;)

Swanaldo

did Ryan not put through a sublime pass for our goal at Brentford?.
He sure did. Great slotted through ball.

I believe he will play no more than a peripheral role in City's dynamic and thrusting midfield next season.