• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some of the people on the Facebook ECFC and Proud page are a bit gruesome. Trolling at it's worth.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have been reading this thread since last night.

Firstly a big huge thank you to those involved in the Red Legion, you have done such a great job over the last few seasons. All for the benefit of the club and I dont care what others say the atmosphere you all create is brilliant, yes you will be missed.

Secondly i have been watching City for over 30 years, I stood on the big bank and cowshed, at no point was anything organised in the way the Red Legion have, you all need to look at what they have done for the club, if you want an atmosphere at the ground and dont want to chant yourself then leave those who do alone and support them. Those on at the Red Legion will also be the one moaning in a few weeks at the lack of atmosphere.

Thirdly, I am not and never have been a member of the Red Legion, in fact I have argued with some members sometimes. But they are not hypocrites, when started they had a code to follow and that is what they have done, so all involved be proud of yourselves for sticking to your values, dont be sad its over be proud you where part kf it.

Now we all need to remember that we are all in this together, we ALL need to stop snipping at each other and put all that energy into supporting Matt and the team, we could have such an amazing season, imagine a trip to Wembley and winning League Two?

Up the City
Can I echo your words Citygaff? I have followed City for 54 years and, personally, appreciate everything various groups have done over the years to create an atmosphere at SJP, not least of all the Red Legion whose contribution, imho, has been dedicated and magnificent.

As a fully signed up old fart, I openly admit to not fully understanding the 'code' that has come into play here. Having said that, I would not criticise the decision as it's the Legion's and theirs alone to decide how they react.

I must admit though to feeling sad that this has come about and genuinely hope that a Phoenix group emerges very soon.

Many thanks to those who have worked so hard and contributed so much through the RL.

UTC!

Legohead

Banned
Anyway, why don't more fans sing?
Some of the people on the Facebook ECFC and Proud page are a bit gruesome. Trolling at it's worth.

Facebook :ROFLMAO:

They use facebook and think it's others who are sad and need trolling? :ROFLMAO:

i8cornwall

Can I echo your words Citygaff? I have followed City for 54 years and, personally, appreciate everything various groups have done over the years to create an atmosphere at SJP, not least of all the Red Legion whose contribution, imho, has been dedicated and magnificent.

As a fully signed up old fart, I openly admit to not fully understanding the 'code' that has come into play here. Having said that, I would not criticise the decision as it's the Legion's and theirs alone to decide how they react.

I must admit though to feeling sad that this has come about and genuinely hope that a Phoenix group emerges very soon.

Many thanks to those who have worked so hard and contributed so much through the RL.

UTC!
Hi Pete thank you for you’re kind words and support of us over the last four years, I’m sure someone out there will take the mantle on and start a new group at some point.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
1615RIP

hardi2b

Fan-tastic, beautiful, emotive, needs resurrecting, common lads lets go again 👍👍🇫🇴🇬🇷

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why not just start a new group with the same people. Call it 'The Redder Legion 20' and dont bother with a flag at the back of the bank s it will probably just get nicked again. :)

Legohead

Banned
Why can't more fans just sing more?

CityTillIDie

So no more drum!?

A couple of years ago, I went to Swindon away and accidentally stood in the midst of the Legion. I have to say it was the most fun I've had watching City away in many years, I was on my feet for 90 minutes, sang my heart out and had a great time.

It's a shame the RL have taken this decision, and I sincerely hope they can be replicated, if not replaced. As the Legion told us vs Liverpool, what we do today echoes in eternity. Don't regret it, lads.