• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
No I fully understand I just don’t have to bother to listen to you now the RL has gone.

So what kind of suites will you wear in this group?
I don't know about suits, but come Saturday at Swindon he will certainly need a good supply of ear plugs to hand out to his entourage of wives, wee kiddies and old codgers.
Given the identity of the Robins' reserve keeper it is a racing certainty that sometime during the afternoon, someone will start up "THAT" controversial chant ! LOL.

i8cornwall

So really then nothing new? In the programmes and tannoy they say about constant use of bad language, Other than stewards being more pro-active there's not much else they can do unless they're going to pay for loads of lip readers to study CCTV either at matches or after?
The blokes talking bullocks, the club would feed this info back to the RL so we could tell our members so they could be warned where the line was and what would happen if it was crossed.

Last meeting a few weeks ago nothing was said to us about this.

Spoonz Red E

All this talk of the 'F' word and the 'C' word makes ECFC seem extremely coarse.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Was this via a formal meeting with a club representative ? Just wondering like.
Take it that's a no then ….

TOP_CITY_FAN

Danny seems like the sort of person who wears socks with sandals and eats a pizza with a knife and fork.

Colesman Ballz

Take it that's a no then ….
At the very best he's just sent an email to the club, and received back a polite but non committal reply ! If he carries on boring them to death, perhaps they will have the sense to flag up his mail as Spam,

iscalad

Don't think the Greek armies had legions.
Red Phalanx

Legohead

Banned
Danny does have a right to have his concerns looked into by the club, no matter how trivial others may think them to be. I would then expect the club to deal with it seriously and appropriately.

Dannyred

Danny, presumably you heard foul language on the terraces when you were a kid. And presumably you don't think it's done you any major harm. So why are you so concerned about the effect that swear words have on kids? Everyone who's ever attended a match as a child has heard strong language... and the nation hasn't exactly crumbled yet.

This whole 'I need to protect the women and children' act is arrogant, paternalistic bo*****s. They don't need your protection - they, like everyone else, know what to expect when they enter a football stadium....

Your vision for football in the future is not one that will sustain the game. It'll be too boring for anyone except grannies and toddlers. And they don't exactly keep clubs like ours afloat, do they?

Get a sense of perspective. Please.
As a kid I only remember some old boy that kept shouting shoot even when it was in our own half.

Last season on the BB several of us saw a kid singing his heart out including swear words until his parents realised and were not happy.

You
I don't know about suits, but come Saturday at Swindon he will certainly need a good supply of ear plugs to hand out to his entourage of wives, wee kiddies and old codgers.
Given the identity of the Robins' reserve keeper it is a racing certainty that sometime during the afternoon, someone will start up "THAT" controversial chant ! LOL.
I guess no thought about the family concerned of their loss and that they may want everyone to move on and for it not to be used as a way to verbally attack a Former rival keeper.

I always thought that you being a big part of the RL should of stamped out the awful chants but you seem proud of them.

Oh didn’t the club mention to you in the past about songs and language?

i8cornwall

As a kid I only remember some old boy that kept shouting shoot even when it was in our own half.

Last season on the BB several of us saw a kid singing his heart out including swear words until his parents realised and were not happy.

You

I guess no thought about the family concerned of their loss and that they may want everyone to move on and for it not to be used as a way to verbally attack a Former rival keeper.

I always thought that you being a big part of the RL should of stamped out the awful chants but you seem proud of them.

Oh didn’t the club mention to you in the past about songs and language?
Forgot to quote me in this.....

The club did about 2 years ago.

The last meeting we had they actually praised us on our songs and chants so shows what you know, which is very little clearly!