Raoul Moat

edindevon

It's all a bit like Rambo: First Blood, apart from the fact that the leading protagonist isn't a deranged war veteran, doesn't have access to any explosives or machine guns, isn't wearing a ridiculous looking bandana, hasn't burned Rothbury to the ground by setting fire to a petrol station, has hardly killed any people, hasn't taken down any helicopters, nor is he likely to be reprieved and sent back in to 'Nam to rescue his old buddies. Otherwise, the similarities are uncanny.

Last edited:
It's all a bit like Rambo: First Blood, apart from the fact that the leading protagonist isn't a deranged war veteran, doesn't have access to any explosives or machine guns, isn't wearing a ridiculous looking bandana, hasn't burnt Rothbury to the ground by setting fire to a petrol station, has hardly killed any people, hasn't taken down any helicopters, nor is he likely to be reprieved and sent back in to 'Nam to rescue his old buddies. Otherwise, the similarities are uncanny.
That's spooky, for similar reasons this sorry episode reminds me of Bambi.

Phil Sayers

Well-known Exeweb poster
His mental health will no doubt be a key issue.
Granted but it is an utter myth that persuading a Jury you are insane (which is very rare) or you have diminished responsibility (much more common) is an easy way out. If you avoid a life sentence, which is normally roughly twelve to fifteen years, in prison you will instead get an indefinite detention in a mental hospital. You will not be released unless you can persuade the hospital you have recovered your mind and statistically people spend far longer in a mental asylum than they do in prison after killing someone.

I would prefer the prison sentence myself......