• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rangers

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can someone fill me in on what has happened to Rangers and the difficulties they're having regarding ownership?

Who do the fans want? Why is Ashley so heavily involved with everything yet owns so little?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice that they were able to make five loan signings on deadline day.

Oh, all from Newcastle. Quelle surprise.

There should be a global moratorium on any involvement in multiple clubs, e.g. Man City and this New York franchise.

tagz

It's nice that they were able to make five loan signings on deadline day.

Oh, all from Newcastle. Quelle surprise.

There should be a global moratorium on any involvement in multiple clubs, e.g. Man City and this New York franchise.
Watford a few seasons ago loaned 7 (I think) players from Udinese. Both clubs were owned by the same person

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Watford a few seasons ago loaned 7 (I think) players from Udinese. Both clubs were owned by the same person
Exactly, this is the same situation done slightly differently.

manc grecian

Ashley isn't allowed to own more than 10% because of his involvement in Newcastle. He's basically taking all the profits from merchandise in exchange for tuppence. I think the fans want the bloke that used to play for them.

What strikes me is that they could have rebuilt and got a younger side when they went bust but seem to be spending loads of money on old ****e like Kenny Miller.

manc grecian

Meh.......

Last edited:
What strikes me is that they could have rebuilt and got a younger side when they went bust but seem to be spending loads of money on old ****e like Kenny Miller.
Much like Hearts did.

Hearts, who are 16 points ahead of NewGers.

And who are on the way to being wholly owned by the fans - the Hearts Foundation.

And who are the 1st club in the UK to pay all their employees a minimum of a "living wage".

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

And who are the 1st club in the UK to pay all their employees a minimum of a "living wage".
I do find it almost impossible to believe that the likes of Citeh and Chelski are playing employees less than a 'living wage' - does Abramovich really have the cleaners on less than £9 an hour?

grecIAN Harris

Ashley isn't allowed to own more than 10% because of his involvement in Newcastle. He's basically taking all the profits from merchandise in exchange for tuppence. I think the fans want the bloke that used to play for them.

Apparently they have been foisted on the manager to the point where Mike Ashley has decreed that, fitness allowing, they will all play.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
5 Newcastle reserves ?

Well that's the end of there chances this Season