• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

logman

I'll say it again. He whipped in 4 or 5 crosses across the face of goal at a perfect height for them to be nodded in. His shooting was woeful and he did over hit a few crosses as he does in most games. But his end product on Saturday wasn't bad, there was just no one rushing in onto his crosses, that's not his fault.
I agree. Let's remember he's a creator not an out and out goalscorer. Wasn't he top of the assists league last season? If we had a centre forward who had an appetite then we could have had half a dozen on Saturday.

Grecianpasty

I agree. Let's remember he's a creator not an out and out goalscorer. Wasn't he top of the assists league last season? If we had a centre forward who had an appetite then we could have had half a dozen on Saturday.
That logic doesn't apply to Saturday because statistically bowman had one attempt set up from Williams on Saturday, because Williams had a bad game.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sky reporting a move to either Preston, Stoke or Barnsley could well be on the cards.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sky reporting a move to either Preston, Stoke or Barnsley could well be on the cards.
Spoilt for choice 🙃

denzel

All really close to London I hear....

Red Devon

Personally hope he stays until January unless there’s silly money on the table.

STURTZ

Hope he goes for financial reasons alone. He's the most talented player we have but if we can get money for him, free up a spot for a local boy and get a reduction in our wage bill that's got to be good. Whoever he goes to I hope he finds a striker that can feed off his quality around the box. Preston and Stockley would be ideal.

WXF

Odd to advocate selling a player who is also your profile picture

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That logic doesn't apply to Saturday because statistically bowman had one attempt set up from Williams on Saturday, because Williams had a bad game.
Presumably that doesn't include all the tempting crosses that Williams put in but Bowman wasn't able to get close enough to make them into an actual chance.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope he goes for financial reasons alone. He's the most talented player we have but if we can get money for him, free up a spot for a local boy and get a reduction in our wage bill that's got to be good. Whoever he goes to I hope he finds a striker that can feed off his quality around the box. Preston and Stockley would be ideal.
Before the start of the season I would probably have agreed with you as I wasn't very optimistic of our chances. However, our promising start suggests we might have a chance of being in the promotion mix so it makes sense to try and keep hold of one of our better players.