• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Racism in football

Legohead

Banned

You can't honestly make this sh*t up.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

You can't honestly make this sh*t up.
I heard about this
It is exasperatingly unbelievable.

Colesman Ballz

I heard about this
It is exasperatingly unbelievable.
Should Exeweb ban monkey avatars ? Just asking like ?

IndoMike

Should Exeweb ban monkey avatars ? Just asking like ?
I don't get your point, Ballzy. Am I missing summat?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An interesting way to deal with an individual accused of racism

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from Hartlepool United

Legohead

Banned
I can't say I agree with Mr Akinfenwa here. What was said is subjective and open to interpretation and cannot be proven as racial abuse IMO.

grecIAN Harris

I can't say I agree with Mr Akinfenwa here. What was said is subjective and open to interpretation and cannot be proven as racial abuse IMO.

Is he saying he's never refereed to another player as a carthorse or a donkey? A player built the size he is is going to get a strange animalistic reference as opposed to the usual carthorse or donkey (I bet Peter Crouch has been referred to as a giraffe before without taking excessive offence to it). To turn that into a racial slur is stretching the imagination a bit.

Legohead

Banned
I agree. I'm not saying that Akinfenwa doesn't have a right to be offended if he believes it's a racist remark and if it was a clear racial slur then everyone rightly would be behind him in raising this but common sense must apply. Thus if we apply common sense, calling an overweight black man a fat water buffalo is not a racist insult IMO. Would a fat Hippo be a racist remark or a fat Rhino but not a fat Polar Bear? What about a fat whale?

All a bit immature from Akinfenwa IMO at a time when racism is a very serious issue and needs taking seriously. This doesn't IMO.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
White men accuse a black man of not understanding racism. o_O