• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question of the day

mustangspeed2006

How is 'Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.' a grammatically correct sentence?

Please show your working.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If it's in response to 'please write the word 'buffalo' eight times with a capital letter at the beginning of the first, third and seventh words, a full stop at the end, and no other punctuation in between.

Or is there a different answer?

mustangspeed2006

Sorry, phrased the question completely wrong (this is why I don't start threads often!) It should read Why is 'Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.' a grammatically correct sentence?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
How is 'Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.' a grammatically correct sentence?

Please show your working.
Just a reminder on QOTD etiquette. You ask a question where you DON'T know the answer.

Even so, I am looking forward to the answer to this one (assuming there is an answer). F*cked if I know.

mustangspeed2006

Just a reminder on QOTD etiquette. You ask a question where you DON'T know the answer.
Where does it say that I know? :p

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK, obscure question. Nothing wrong with that.

But for that reason, I'm out.

Have fun, kids.

Grecian1987

Pnnvnprcvps

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I once knew this but cant quite get it straight now. It's something to do with buffaloes from Buffalo buffaloing other buffaloes from Buffalo. Or something like that.

In a similar vein is the sentence which includes 'had had had had had had had had had had had' in it, with a bit of punctuation.

Just Googled it and got the answer.

Leg

Reminds me of a question we were given at school: What does the word 'ghoti' spell?

When I've asked this before, people tend to be unsatisfied with the answer!

Last edited: