• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Promotions

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kells was a legend but Alan Beer was also a class act 52 goals in 114 appearances. He was incredibly unlucky as before his career ending injury in 1978 at the age of only 28 he looked destined to go right to the top both domestically and internationally with Wales.
When the two played together for that season 76/77 Alan Beer was the better of the two in the partnership imo...A bit quicker than Kells iirc.

iscalad

When the two played together for that season 76/77 Alan Beer was the better of the two in the partnership imo...A bit quicker than Kells iirc.
They always get my vote for best strikers ever.

Colesman Ballz

Wasn't Alan Beer brought to the Club's attention by someone who knew a thing or two about scoring goals in a City shirt ? The legendary Alan Banks.

Oldsmobile-88

Wasn't Alan Beer brought to the Club's attention by someone who knew a thing or two about scoring goals in a City shirt ? The legendary Alan Banks.
I seem to recall a story about that..Paid Weymouth around £10k for him in early 1975 iirc.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I seem to recall a story about that..Paid Weymouth around £10k for him in early 1975 iirc.
Remember once seeing him play for Weymouth c 1974.

Red Devon

Kells was a legend but Alan Beer was also a class act 52 goals in 114 appearances. He was incredibly unlucky as before his career ending injury in 1978 at the age of only 28 he looked destined to go right to the top both domestically and internationally with Wales.
Wasn’t it Kells who described Alan Beer’s playing style (as like catching pigeons) which was complementary btw.

Colesman Ballz

Alan Banks wound up playing for Weymuff and spotted him there.

Grecian 1901

They always get my vote for best strikers ever.
Alan Beer and Tony Kellow in the Walk of Fame
Alan at last years former players day.
DFA2C9E3-B5C8-4448-8E51-07F48AAC10ED.jpegDFA2C9E3-B5C8-4448-8E51-07F48AAC10ED.jpeg

iscalad

Just found out that my sister in law lives next door to Tony Kellow's brother in Falmouth.

Dannyred

I had pics from on top of the guildhall but can’t find them, also the one when the players came out for the last match against aldershot great times