• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier U23s Cup - 2021/22

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's back on!

We have to qualify by beating Argyle though

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great, but a week's notice ? Will we even be able to field a team, particularly as we are due at Barrow the night before ? Will we face fines if we can't put a team out ?

denzel

Bit weird. Didn't we get to the quarters last time before it was called off?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were due to play Newcastle at the real SJP after finishing top of our group ahead of Donny Villa and Portsmouth, in the round before the quarters

Grecian Max

Any chance of a stream of this??

andrew p long

Oh gawd...what bad timing...we have become used to qualifying for the group stage so often that there is a danger of taking qualification for granted.

A few years back we had Stockley Boateng and Kyle Edwards in the U23 qualifying match away at Dagenham - and still had to come from behind to snatch a 2-1 win. One year we won't qualify, but please let it not be this year!

So away, during an injury and Covid crisis at the club and the day of the first team squad's return completing a 665 mile return trip

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Historically we have used this competition to bring senior players back with game time, but this year such is the strength of our squad at this age level I wonder whether we still will. A team of

Lee
Johnson Dyer Hartridge Rowe
Coley Veale Kite Iseguen
Cox Hanson

To me isn't too shabby to start with, and all under the age limit (subject to Coley Iseguen and Hartridge being fit again particularly as they are unlikely to have travelled the previous night), and it might be a case of Jack Arthur standing in for Harry Lee if he has travelled. The future's bright the future is red & white

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Historically we have used this competition to bring senior players back with game time, but this year such is the strength of our squad at this age level I wonder whether we still will. A team of

Lee
Coley Veale Kite Iseguen
Cox Hanson

To me isn't too shabby to start with, and all under the age limit (subject to Coley Iseguen and Hartridge being fit again particularly as they are unlikely to have travelled the previous night), and it might be a case of Jack Arthur standing in for Harry Lee if he has travelled. The future's bright the future is red & white
I would expect Diabate to be involved with this game so he may well play instead of Hartridge.

denzel

Lee
Coley Veale Kite Iseguen
Cox Hanson

Isn't Rowe injured?

Colesman Ballz

Lee
Coley Veale Kite Iseguen
Cox Hanson

Is Cox fit, I thought that his body was struggling to cope with the rigours of full time training ?