• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier U23s Cup - 2021/22

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
My guess at a line up

Lee
Johnson Pond Grounds Daniel
Veale Dodd Rowe
Cox Seymour Iseguan

Subs - Arthur Lilley Hanson (Eli) Collins

though MT may want more cover for tomorrow's game and the line up end up lots less experienced with some more U18s than the 3 I've suggested!
I would have thought Coley would have been in the starting 11 possibly ahead of Nelson, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparkes in for Daniel to help bring up his fitness levels

DawlishBouy

My guess at a line up

Lee
Johnson Pond Grounds Daniel
Veale Dodd Rowe
Cox Seymour Iseguan

Subs - Arthur Lilley Hanson (Eli) Collins

though MT may want more cover for tomorrow's game and the line up end up lots less experienced with some more U18s than the 3 I've suggested!
Johnson, Pond, Veale, Dodd & Iseguan all got games for their loan clubs tomorrow so unlikely to feature. Eli Collins and a few other youngsters were ill or injured for last Saturday's yoof team match. Wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers made up with triallists.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll hazard a guess at a 3-5-2 formation with Pond, Ray and Daniel as a back three flanked by Johnson and Rowe as wing backs. Very young midfield with a first year pro, second year trainee and first year trainee. In fact if Sonny and Harry hadn't had already been on pro contracts, we have three players in the starting eleven who are in the first year trainee age bracket.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's still a few other first team players who would possibly benefit more from the game time with the under 23's than being sat on the bench tomorrow. Depending on their fitness I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of Ray, Daniel, Atangana, Coley or Edwards feature.
Two out of five wasn't a bad guess especially as one of the others has now left the club. Also makes it pretty easy to work out the 18 for tomorrow.

denzel

Well I guess it answers the question as to whether Diabete starts tomorrow

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I guess it answers the question as to whether Diabete starts tomorrow
Not necessarily, as we still have 3 other centre-halves available tomorrow; Sweeney, Grounds and Stubbs plus Kite who could also possibly start there. However, I think Diabate has been by far our best defender in the last 3 games and will deservedly start tomorrow.

DawlishBouy

That team selection makes the decision not to play Pond as a starter in the FA Youth Cup game against Bournemouth look very strange.

andrew p long

I'll hazard a guess at a 3-5-2 formation with Pond, Ray and Daniel as a back three flanked by Johnson and Rowe as wing backs. Very young midfield with a first year pro, second year trainee and first year trainee. In fact if Sonny and Harry hadn't had already been on pro contracts, we have three players in the starting eleven who are in the first year trainee age bracket.
Can you remind me where Billington plays? Is he a central midfielder?

andrew p long

OK ...so who are Jacob Staines* and Clodagh Mclelland (listed as 2 of the 5 staff...presumably staff listings are required because of the Covid restrictions in Wales)

*again hoping to avoid Veale type puns in response!