• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League B Teams being proposed?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m assuming this was a reply to what I said.... now shall I post your exact words that you posted about the trophy?
Yes please.

Benguin

He's obviously forgotten where Brighton came from. Their roots are in the lower leagues. Looks like he wants to hijack the League whilst pretending he's doing a favour. Since when have PL clubs wanted to do the lower leagues a favour?
That's my point. The premier league are solely focused on what is good for the premier league. They may try to dress it up as helping us lower league teams when we all know this is a load of rubbish. B teams will kill football as we know it which will struggle enough as it is after this current crisis. Football is becoming a monster that will eventually eat itself.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the Premier league's attitude is we will save you from immediate death by giving a slow death.

i8cornwall

Yes please.
Here is your slightly confusing post on the thread for the competition this year:

“Have to say that I'm undecided either way about all this. We are a football club and as such the whole point is to beat the opposition and win things. If we win the final (and I'll go if we get there) excellent, that's why we play the game. However if we lose to Pompey, hey ho, the competition itself sucks but it earned us some good income along the way. So win or lose I'll treat it with a shrug of the shoulders, it's never going to set the place alight like an FA cup run.“

Now I’ll admit it’s a bit confusing to read and you do start off with saying you don’t no how you feel about it, which is fine.

you go onto say that you would attend the final if we had got there, now forgive me if I’m wrong but that is pretty much implying you agree with it. even if you were just going to attend to support the team or for a nice day out.

You also then say about the money, again putting a positive spin on the bride/hush money the club gets from the B teams in the competition.

You weren’t the only one to say these things I must add or that I argued with at the time. This is what the EFL and prem will use as facts to potentially force this through in the future.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still undecided either way. As a club ECFC were obliged to participate at risk of financial penalty, so we did. We blooded the youngsters and earned money in the process. I still think the competition sucks.

So how about substantiating your view that people on here were falling over themselves to tell you how great the leasing trophy was. I'm saying "show us".

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I
I'm still undecided either way. As a club ECFC were obliged to participate at risk of financial penalty, so we did. We blooded the youngsters and earned money in the process. I still think the competition sucks.

So how about substantiating your view that people on here were falling over themselves to tell you how great the leasing trophy was. I'm saying "show us".
Think the majority agree that it sucks. However, the benefits to a club like city cannot be ignored. Still dont like it mind!

i8cornwall

I don’t need to use what others have said and drag them into this, you have just sang what you think are the positive of the thing to me, when in fact there are none.

so please enlighten me on what you think of B teams in the league if city where offered 1mill a season? Because the money looks like being the important thing to you here.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

It certainly happened on other platforms.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t need to use what others have said and drag them into this, you have just sang what you think are the positive of the thing to me, when in fact there are none.

so please enlighten me on what you think of B teams in the league if city where offered 1mill a season? Because the money looks like being the important thing to you here.
So were people on here saying it's a great competition or not ? If not then you've made it up.

i8cornwall

So were people on here saying it's a great competition or not ? If not then you've made it up.
Oh I see you’re going for the actual phrase route and trying to look clever.

don’t worry, I get that you weren’t expecting me to find a post where you clearly back the idea purely for the money and a day out in London. I’m not dragging other people posts into this mainly as you have proven my point twice already.

Anyway so would 1 million be enough for B team to enter the league? Serious question as the money mattered to you before.