• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 21/22

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe it had to be repaid in full upon relegation from PL.
I'm not sure but aren't the payments nearly that amount? Though i don't know if they're paid before the new season or end so its there?

dontpassback

I'm not sure but aren't the payments nearly that amount? Though i don't know if they're paid before the new season or end so its there?
I am not really sure,I thought the para payments were over 4 seasons,but I maybe wrong

DB9

I am not really sure,I thought the para payments were over 4 seasons,but I maybe wrong
They are over that length of time, Just not sure when they get them at the start or finish, At a rough guess the start of each season so they can budget better?

Colesman Ballz

Even if they can use the parachute payments to cover debt, it still leaves them to find the cash to pay what the para payments are designed for, ie like paying the PL priced Player Salaries which remain in place.

DB9

Even if they can use the parachute payments to cover debt, it still leaves them to find the cash to pay what the para payments are designed for, ie like paying the PL priced Player Salaries which remain in place.
Thems the risks, No sympathy really.

Colesman Ballz

Thems the risks, No sympathy really.
I have none either, but the FA, PL, and EFL really need to take action to prevent Clubs being taken over by these chancers with no cash to invest. Don't allow them to play in the leagues, that cuts them off from the financial "honeypot" that makes them want to buy the a club in the first place.

DB9

I have none either, but the FA, PL, and EFL really need to take action to prevent Clubs being taken over by these chancers with no cash to invest. Don't allow them to play in the leagues, that cuts them off from the financial "honeypot" that makes them want to buy the a club in the first place.
Just read on the BBC website that Burnley will get 55% of a season in the PL as the 1st parachute payment, So if that's say £170m? They'll get £85m , They owe their holding company £37m, Cash reserves have reduced by £30m and a £12.5m cash advance has been taken out on payment from Newcastle for Chris Woods. I think they'll have a fire sale of their better players, That's the life of an "Average" PL club.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I'll never understand the logic of some investors.

They look at the Glazers and the Henry's and think is some gravy train. Who would put nearly £100 million into Burnley, FFS, and expect a return.

Even if they weren't expecting a yearly pay out, Burnley were at peak. More money than sense.

Red Devon

This appeared on the BBC News Channel today 😂😂

Colesman Ballz

This appeared on the BBC News Channel today 😂😂

Hardly news anyway, Shirley everybody knew that already ! :p