• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
When you're not playing five of the top six it's not quite so difficult to put string of wins together. When you take those out Newcastles record is W3 D3 L2. That will be enough to stick them in mid table.
I thought you was a big club - surely mid table isn’t enough?

grecIAN Harris

When hamstrung by Ashley's lack of willingness to barely scratch the top of his pockets let alone dig deep you have to cut your ambitions accordingly. When we get a Shiek Yamoney or Texan Tanker bankrolling us like you lot or Citeh then I'll start looking for bigger things. The possibility is there, look what Mansuer did with Citeh. There is bigger scope at St James's Park with the right backing than there was at Citeh before he took over. The Toon still turn up with big enough numbers to be a couple of thousand lock out at Eastlands.

IndoMike

I thought you was a big club - surely mid table isn’t enough?
Credy, have Liverpool gone off the boil? The forwards don't seem so clinical or dynamic as last season. What's up? Found out?

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Credy, have Liverpool gone off the boil? The forwards don't seem so clinical or dynamic as last season. What's up? Found out?
I’m not sure - we’re much better defensively and Allison and VVD have made us much better - I think we miss oxlade-chamberlain as nobody is breaking the lines at speed from midfield allowing the front 3 to run into space

Hard to be critical when we’re unbeaten in the league but in the CL were being too defensive and it’s cost us 3 away defeats

No dobut we’re a good side but Klopp seems to have gone from not defending at all to defending too much - the midfield is too similar when Milner , Henderson and Wjilndum start - Keita will be good once he’s fit - gets a run of starts

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Sweet as a nut ! What a way to win....Everton didn’t deserve that but they don’t win at Anfield....

IndoMike

Sweet as a nut ! What a way to win....Everton didn’t deserve that but they don’t win at Anfield....
Don't think they're gonna overtake Citeh, Credy, but I guess you know that. Arse coming on strong, and I think might eventually end up in 2nd, with Liverpool third and Chelsea 4th..Spurs 5th and I guess MU 6th.

CREDYGRECIAN

I think everyone knows City are the most likely.....I’m just enjoying seeing Liverpool do so well in the league 14 games no defeat doesn’t happen very often...

Big win for Arsenal but Not convinced there ready to finish 2nd yet.

Alistair20000

Big win for Arsenal but Not convinced there ready to finish 2nd yet.
The Gooners really went for it aided by some abysmal defending from Spurs.

I reckon Arsenal will finish anywhere from 4th to 6th this season.

IndoMike

The Gooners really went for it aided by some abysmal defending from Spurs.

I reckon Arsenal will finish anywhere from 4th to 6th this season.
We'll see. I think they're starting to click and will only get better. Spurs is Spurs - play nice football, but do they have strength in depth? Liverpool still good, but not quite so entertaining as last year.Chelsea : might get better but somehow they don't seem so difficult to score against. They're not so bloody-minded as the JT Chelsea was.

CREDYGRECIAN

If Arsenal best United on Wednesday night United top 4 hopes could be slowly disappearing