• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that was a snoozer!.....
Wasn't it just! I sat down hoping for a cracker and it was the exact opposite but then i suppose that can happen in these types of games.

As Mahrez put the ball down for the penalty my first thought was that he wouldn't be my choice. He then confirmed my suspicions.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Liverpool grinding it out - what a difference Van Djik has made......

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Rafa for the chop Harris?

Arsenal have been excellent tonight - Ozil superb, think there defensively vulnerable mind but could get top 4 this season

grecIAN Harris

Rafa for the chop Harris?

Arsenal have been excellent tonight - Ozil superb, think there defensively vulnerable mind but could get top 4 this season
If Rafa gets the chop, Ashley will be hung, drawn and quartered by The Toon. It doesn't matter who is in charge, nothing will change until Ashley goes. He wants rid and Rafa is currently one of the biggest selling points to any prospective buyer, a top class manager. If you're the new owner coming in, you wouldn't have to go searching around trying to convince somebody to come in spend your millions and shape the team. The man is already there.

IndoMike

If Rafa gets the chop, Ashley will be hung, drawn and quartered by The Toon. It doesn't matter who is in charge, nothing will change until Ashley goes. He wants rid and Rafa is currently one of the biggest selling points to any prospective buyer, a top class manager. If you're the new owner coming in, you wouldn't have to go searching around trying to convince somebody to come in spend your millions and shape the team. The man is already there.
He will never sell Newcastle unless he receives an offer which he really can't refuse. Nobody will make that offer. Newcastle has very little following abroad, players don't want to go there cos it's bloody freezing in winter, and it has had very little success in the last 50 years.

grecIAN Harris

He will never sell Newcastle unless he receives an offer which he really can't refuse. Nobody will make that offer. Newcastle has very little following abroad, players don't want to go there cos it's bloody freezing in winter, and it has had very little success in the last 50 years.
What following did Man City have abroad before Sheik Mansour came in? Nothing any better than Newcastle I would suggest. I'd go as far as to suggest Newcastle, with the Keegan years (first time around), have a far more sellable history than City did. Don't forget, most of these buyers only know about the Premiership years. £300 million is the apparent asking price, pocket money for somebody who has realistic ambitions of taking over a Premier League club.

IndoMike

What following did Man City have abroad before Sheik Mansour came in? Nothing any better than Newcastle I would suggest. I'd go as far as to suggest Newcastle, with the Keegan years (first time around), have a far more sellable history than City did. Don't forget, most of these buyers only know about the Premiership years. £300 million is the apparent asking price, pocket money for somebody who has realistic ambitions of taking over a Premier League club.
In that case why hasn't someone bought the club?

Colesman Ballz

Think the answer is that Ashley doesn't want to sell unless it is for a princely sum, as it's a nice little earner for him. Lots of cheap signings sold on for serious profit.

grecIAN Harris

Because he, or at least so he is saying, Ashley wants proof that the new owners not only have the money to buy the club but they have the funds to progress it, ie substancial transfer kitty. That is where previous bids have fallen down as I understand it, the lack of proof of the funds to progress the club.

DB9

Because he, or at least so he is saying, Ashley wants proof that the new owners not only have the money to buy the club but they have the funds to progress it, ie substancial transfer kitty. That is where previous bids have fallen down as I understand it, the lack of proof of the funds to progress the club.
Can't quite see it with Ashley being thoughtful to the fans, While they're raking in £160m+ being in the top flight he'll continue to cream off a large slice of that. Think that if they went down, Unlike last time he'll get rid of the big earners and that would make it difficult for a quick return and if (I'll keep saying if) say they were in the Championship for a couple of seasons he'd struggle to sell it to anyone with deep pockets