• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 20/21

Legohead

Banned
Ironically i did stand up for my (then) club Torquay and wanted to organize protests and even discussed a phoenix club, but it seemed that not many other fans shared my passion and nor seemed that bothered and so that pushed me away from them even more. The apathy of them. So i admire the Man U fans don't get me wrong, i just think that getting the Glazers to take notice of the fans is an impossibility. I suppose the argument then is, should they try or give up. I'd rather they tried as that shows their passion, so i guess i'm contradicting my first post! o_O:LOL:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the protest isn't primarily for the Glazers to notice.

It's to show to others in football the amount of disdain those Man Utd (and Newton Heath ;) ) supporters have towards the Glazers.
The Glazers will only probably leave if the environment becomes too toxic and hits their business reputation enough to cost them money.

Protests such as today's are an attempt to gain momentum.

We shall see.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The authorities will look at what happened yesterday and question whether football fans are ready to attend a match and can behave themselves.Wouldn't be completely shocked if they used this to delay opening up grounds.

DB9

The authorities will look at what happened yesterday and question whether football fans are ready to attend a match and can behave themselves.Wouldn't be completely shocked if they used this to delay opening up grounds.
This had nothing to do with attending matches, This was a protest by MUFC fan's about the clubs involment in the ESL and as usual a stupid minority decided to take things further and use it as an excuse for mindless thuggery, Fighting the Police, throwing camera equipment, Climbing on the nets and taking selfies like its one big joke and on live TV, I'm sure the Police will be knocking on some doors very soon.

Legohead

Banned
This had nothing to do with attending matches, This was a protest by MUFC fan's about the clubs involment in the ESL and as usual a stupid minority decided to take things further and use it as an excuse for mindless thuggery, Fighting the Police, throwing camera equipment, Climbing on the nets and taking selfies like its one big joke and on live TV, I'm sure the Police will be knocking on some doors very soon.
Agree. The pictures of louts swinging on the nets etc were just typical of those just claiming to actually give a toss about the club but who just go along for the ride to cause mayhem and destruction. I even saw one bloke inside the goalmouth swigging from what looked like a bottle of whisky or something!

I must admit, the opportunity to run amok inside Old Trafford unabated would have been too good an opportunity for many fans to pass up and so i will stop short of labelling all those who entered the stadium as complete morons. However, there certainly were a significant number of imbeciles inside OT but i guess that is the same with any club.

dontpassback

Like with any protest,there is always a minority of idiots who can’t/won’t behave,and these are the idiots the lazy press like to zoom in on,meanwhile the peaceful protestors who just want to put their point across are overshadowed by the idiots,it’s always been the same,and with today’s MSM i doubt it will change.Gary Neville didnt condone such behaviour and souness misread the situation completely,he didn’t think about danger to life when he was sticking a galatasary flag in the centre circle after they had beaten fenerbache,after we all know how reasonable Turkish football fans are !

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see some publicity seeking,football hating politicians using it to further their low opinion of football fans and they won't care about any of the finer points of the argument. When football fans return to grounds they will have to show that can follow instructions and behave themselves.It only takes a minority to ruin it for everyone else.

DB9

I can see some publicity seeking,football hating politicians using it to further their low opinion of football fans and they won't care about any of the finer points of the argument. When football fans return to grounds they will have to show that can follow instructions and behave themselves.It only takes a minority to ruin it for everyone else.
Those days are gone, Unless there are real disturbances at grounds when fans return, Which is very doubtful because the feeling will be of simple relief that we're actually in the grounds again. Politicians nowadays love to be seen as knowing the pulse of people and football is a great brand to be associated with, If you haven't noticed PL football is very, very middle class nowadays and this is what its all about, They may say they're trying to save it for the working class man but can a working class man really afford up to £250 per game in the PL? At the end of all this kerfuffle the Politicians will smooch up with owners to blag a free game. That is why the PL is so different from us mere mortals in L2.

DB9

So Man City win the PL, Liverpool did say they will do an open top bus parade when it was allowed after they won last year, Wonder if that will still happen?

Spoonz Red E

So Man City win the PL, Liverpool did say they will do an open top bus parade when it was allowed after they won last year, Wonder if that will still happen?
Wait all season for a bus then two come along at once...