• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 20/21

sign of the chimes

Manchester City extend their lead to 14 points at the top of the Premier League thanks to a 5-2 victory over Southampton earlier this evening.
That lead is pretty remarkable considering how the table looked at Christmas. City won 1-0 at St. Mary's to move up to sixth in the corresponding round of fixtures; while Liverpool had just beaten Palace 7-0 at Selhurst Park. It's been quite the turnaround.

re. tonight's game, de Bruyne is a terrific footballer. We've had one or two in my time watching Pompey who at the time felt as though they were "worth the admission money on their own"; but even as a neutral there's something particularly easy on the eye about what KdB does when he's on song.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone think Liverpool will still do their open top bus parade when allowed to? Might seem a little empty after the season they're having?

Spoonz Red E

Anyone think Liverpool will still do their open top bus parade when allowed to? Might seem a little empty after the season they're having?
They could go for the symbolism of having an open top bus but riding on the lower deck. ;)

DB9

They could go for the symbolism of having an open top bus but riding on the lower deck. ;)
Or use that "Kids Train" TUFC used in some parade a while back.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone think the PL will go back to 'normal' post Covid? I think this showing of every game live on TV is here to stay and gives the PL even more exposure.

1 game at 8pm on Friday and Monday nights.
4 games Saturday (12.30 / 3 / 5.30 and 8) and Sunday (12 / 2 / 4.30 / 7.30)

I see this as the future. The EFL will be bought off as only 1 game at 3pm Sat, and probably always a Burnley v West Brom type game.

Alistair20000

Does anyone think the PL will go back to 'normal' post Covid? I think this showing of every game live on TV is here to stay and gives the PL even more exposure.

1 game at 8pm on Friday and Monday nights.
4 games Saturday (12.30 / 3 / 5.30 and 8) and Sunday (12 / 2 / 4.30 / 7.30)

I see this as the future. The EFL will be bought off as only 1 game at 3pm Sat, and probably always a Burnley v West Brom type game.
Yep this looks very credible

Legohead

Banned
That green and yellow WBA away shirt is possibly the most horrid / boring shirt i've ever seen. Even the badge and sponsor are in green and yellow. Just all blends into one big horrible mess.

Red Devon

West Brom 2:1 up at Stamford Bridge against 10 men Chelsea

Legohead

Banned
Crackers game at Stamford Bridge. (The Chelsea ground, not the small town just outside of York).

Alistair20000

Chelsea dicked 5-2 at the Bridge after Thiago Silva given his marching orders.

Could not have happened to a nicer team.

Rejoice !