• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 20/21

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Newcastle's new kit for the season, traditional colours...

View attachment 3597
Back up you. This is VAR not The Toon. Even Brucie said it was an awful decision and that he would be spitting bricks if it went against him (not a direct quote).

sign of the chimes

Well who saw that coming today? Met Police are swarming all over White Hart Lane after VAR stole a point for Newcastle and Leicester tanking Citeh 5-2 at The Etihad.
Someone elsewhere pointed out that if this is what happens when there's no pre-season then football should ban pre-seasons. Newcastle didn't have a shot on target that I can recall. Leicester were immense - though slightly disconcerting to see Vardy morphing in to Albert Steptoe on a week-by-week basis.

Rosencrantz

WFH has certainly worked for David Moyes tonight 😉

sign of the chimes

WFH has certainly worked for David Moyes tonight 😉
There was a lovely shot a couple of minutes in to the second half (I had the sound off) when Stuart Pearce appeared to be calling someone from a landline placed on a desk (assume this was Moyes). It put me in mind of Cilla Black on 'Surprise, Surprise' on ITV in the 1980s. You are likely too young/sane to remember this but it made me chuckle a great deal.

Rosencrantz

There was a lovely shot a couple of minutes in to the second half (I had the sound off) when Stuart Pearce appeared to be calling someone from a landline placed on a desk (assume this was Moyes). It put me in mind of Cilla Black on 'Surprise, Surprise' on ITV in the 1980s. You are likely too young/sane to remember this but it made me chuckle a great deal.
Unfortunately am I old enough to remember 😐. It was one of my Gran's favourites so I couldn't really avoid it back then although Sarah Greene in Saturday Superstore or Going Live was my level at that time with said phone.

Last edited:

sign of the chimes

Unfortunately am I old enough to remember 😐. It was one of my Gran's favourites so I couldn't really avoid it back then although Sarah Greene in Saturday Superstore or Going Live was my level at that time with said phone.
Haha. Superstore probably a better example. I'm now wondering if Pearce was phoning up Moyes in a 'question to Matt Bianco' kind of way.

Regardless, it's been a crazy start to the PL season. I can't imagine even the most optimistic of Leicester and West Ham supporters were expecting those results today.

DB9

I think the PL should look closely at this possible takeover, They refused the last effort and these lot look dodgy to say the least.

DB9

So now the PL are "Offering the chance" for PL fans to PPV games that are not selected for broadcast from October at £14.95 a pop!

Benguin

So now the PL are "Offering the chance" for PL fans to PPV games that are not selected for broadcast from October at £14.95 a pop!

So glad I don’t give a f*** about the premier league.

Reactions: DB9

OmanGrecian