• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season Friendlies

Arthur Davey

Also been announced that we are playing Western League side Mousehole on Tuesday 20th of July but Im assuming that'll be a youth side and not the first team.
...been awaiting that announcement with baited breath...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another friendly, this time Bristol City on Tuesday 27th July, ko 1pm. Unfortunatekly it'll be at the C&F so no spectators

this announcement also includes an away game at Weston Super Mare on 6 July T 7.45pm (which was news to me)

Alistair20000

PSF = Meh, but as someone correctly pointed out to me before on this matter: PSF's are more for the benefit of the manager, coaches and players rather than spectators.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another friendly, this time Bristol City on Tuesday 27th July, ko 1pm. Unfortunately it'll be at the C&F so no spectators

I hope the camera position will be on the halfway line not off to the side, as that made the earlier feed from the C&F a difficult watch !

Colesman Ballz

I hope the camera position will be on the halfway line not off to the side, as that made the earlier feed from the C&F a difficult watch !
Would they need to relocate the Portakabins to achieve that ? :unsure:

i8cornwall

...been awaiting that announcement with baited breath...
Well happy I could help!

Pete Martin (CTID)

PSF = Meh, but as someone correctly pointed out to me before on this matter: PSF's are more for the benefit of the manager, coaches and players rather than spectators.
They never used to be for that purpose only, as I expect you'll recall. Before the PL was formed we had decent PSF opposition rocking up at SJP, attendances when the bigger names turned up of 1,500-2,000 were not unusual. PSFs against 6th/7th/8th tier teams were less prevalent back then.

Alistair20000

They never used to be for that purpose only, as I expect you'll recall. Before the PL was formed we had decent PSF opposition rocking up at SJP, attendances when the bigger names turned up of 1,500-2,000 were not unusual. PSFs against 6th/7th/8th tier teams were less prevalent back then.
Before my time watching City Pete. :(

I do recall this PSF though. Love 'arry me. What a crowd for a PSF too.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes..Villa,Leeds & Spurs in 1985...Spurs returned in 1987 iirc.Aberdeen who were a top Scottish side at the time visited the same year.

ExmouthMart

I remember a pre season friendly at Sticker FC, when Alan Ball opened their new changing rooms. It was our first glimpse of Ronnie Robinson who we allegedly signed for £25000! The highlight for me was Alan Ball signing my ‘programme’. A cherished City memory…….