• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmation of a behind the closed doors friendly

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Behind closed doors 😁

I find it quite bizarre that beaches have been packed,as have some pubs & High Streets but football spectators at very low profile games are not allowed.

i8cornwall

Even lower level non league Games are being played behind closed doors. I can go to Alphington, Newton Abbot and Wellingtons ground but football isn’t safe, at exactly the same ground in the exact same setting, makes complete sense.

Hopefully city can provide these games to view online or something.

Oldsmobile-88

Even lower level non league Games are being played behind closed doors. I can go to Alphington, Newton Abbot and Wellingtons ground but football isn’t safe, at exactly the same ground in the exact same setting.
Clubs at levels 1 to 7(Exmouth Reserves level !) have had a reminder from the FA that games have to be behind closed doors,after a few clubs had spectators last Saturday.

i8cornwall

Clubs at levels 1 to 7(Exmouth Reserves level !) have had a reminder from the FA that games have to be behind closed doors,after a few clubs had spectators last Saturday.
Step 7 wasn’t actually part of those guidelines on Saturday but have since been added, Granted some clubs did find a huge loop hole. utter madness that you can’t attend step 7 games when compared to what else you can do.

Oldsmobile-88

Step 7 wasn’t actually part of those guidelines on Saturday but have since been added, Granted some clubs did find a huge loop hole. utter madness that you can’t attend step 7 games when compared to what else you can do.
All part of the paranoia surrounding the current situation.

Exmouth Town FC have worked hard to finish a wonderful outdoor setting for fans having a drink outside the clubhouse (Social distance measures in place) which is used on non matchdays too.
The banning of spectators if a game is being played means the area can’t be used..Madness.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The training ground played host to the first match of preseason with the Exeter City U18s v Tiverton Town U18s this afternoon. A tough match but our youngsters triumphed 14-0. Not sure they would have learned much from that but a win is a win.

grecIAN Harris

The training ground played host to the first match of preseason with the Exeter City U18s v Tiverton Town U18s this afternoon. A tough match but our youngsters triumphed 14-0. Not sure they would have learned much from that but a win is a win.
I do believe that what The Yanks call a blow out.

fred binneys head

A tough match but our youngsters triumphed 14-0.
Sounds really tough.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds really tough.
I have just heard that may not of been the final score, as my source left before full time!