• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies 22/23

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Cowshed Grecian

What happened to the days of playing Chelsea and Everton etc in pre season, I used to love that when I was a kid. I still remember Barry McConnell scoring to beat Vialli and Gullits Chelsea 2-1!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh FFS. One fixture has been announced.🙄

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What happened to the days of playing Chelsea and Everton etc in pre season, I used to love that when I was a kid. I still remember Barry McConnell scoring to beat Vialli and Gullits Chelsea 2-1!
Too busy touring China and the States to make even more money.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our best hope of getting a ‘big’ team is that Harry Rednapp comes out of retirement. He’s a big fan of Woodbury Park and the bookies in Sidmouth!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our best hope of getting a ‘big’ team is that Harry Rednapp comes out of retirement. He’s a big fan of Woodbury Park and the bookies in Sidmouth!
Warnock liked to bring teams down too but he's retired now. Again.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most Premier League teams aren't interested in these friendlies anymore. If you can get one to play you, it will be a "representative XI" that usually consists of U23 players with a handful of reserve players. They also tend to want about 50% of the gate revenue (not profits). I remember when we past played Tottenham in a Pre-Season game, the Club pretty much lost money on the fixture.

Bridgy 81

Taunton Town PSF on my calendar. Check.
Awaits date for my annual PSF trip to WsM.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope we can get at least one home friendly this year maybe against a championship club.