• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies 22/23

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with that. The only caveat I will give is that the pitch was poor, considering they are now Southern League and its July.
Plus the lack of team news annoyed me.
What was the crowd figure ? A few I know were there rather than Plainmoor today.

AndyR

Agree with that. The only caveat I will give is that the pitch was poor, considering they are now Southern League and its July.
Plus the lack of team news annoyed me.
Interesting exchange between the Exmouth Manager Kevin Hill and one of their centre halves. Basically the centre half was asked to do something and he replied "not on this pitch..."!

denzel

What was the crowd figure ? A few I know were there rather than Plainmoor today.
Just over 200 I think. Though most seemed to be in the bar!

Exehausted

Just got back from Exmouth Town where City's Academy team lost 5-2. Unfortunately the City youngsters' defence was hopeless, routinely beaten by balls over the top or passes into the area where Exmouth's forwards were left in loads of space and finished clinically.

Couldn't see anyone that looked remotely ready for promotion to the first team squad.
I have to disagree. Number 4, Gabe Billington apparently, was outstanding. He always had time and room and against a physical (but not dirty) Town side he stood up well. I wouldn't worry about him being in the squad. I was talking to a guy who was scouting for Tiverton Town to see if there was anyone they could sign on loan and he really rated Gabe. As has already been said, City were well beaten. I jotted down six good chances for Town in the 1st half apart from the goal. We didn't create one good chance in the 1st half. Second half we started to get into it but Town went 3-0 up after 55 mins before we got our first goal on 60 mins. Quickly snuffed out by a penalty to Town on 62mins. We then made it 4-2 and forced the keeper into two reasonable saves. Town hit back though and missed a couple of good chances before making it 5-2. All in all a good game to watch. Levi Landricombe, despite being a bit thick around the waistline was far too strong for the City defence and he played very well. They didn't produce a team sheet or programme and the board with the line ups on remained empty all afternoon. I asked why this was and the chap said neither team handed one out.

Exehausted

Just over 200 I think. Though most seemed to be in the bar!
Official figure was 292, which Town were very happy with apparently. At only a fiver to get in I would imagine most people spent more than double that on drink!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to disagree. Number 4, Gabe Billington apparently, was outstanding. He always had time and room and against a physical (but not dirty) Town side he stood up well. I wouldn't worry about him being in the squad. I was talking to a guy who was scouting for Tiverton Town to see if there was anyone they could sign on loan and he really rated Gabe. As has already been said, City were well beaten. I jotted down six good chances for Town in the 1st half apart from the goal. We didn't create one good chance in the 1st half. Second half we started to get into it but Town went 3-0 up after 55 mins before we got our first goal on 60 mins. Quickly snuffed out by a penalty to Town on 62mins. We then made it 4-2 and forced the keeper into two reasonable saves. Town hit back though and missed a couple of good chances before making it 5-2. All in all a good game to watch. Levi Landricombe, despite being a bit thick around the waistline was far too strong for the City defence and he played very well. They didn't produce a team sheet or programme and the board with the line ups on remained empty all afternoon. I asked why this was and the chap said neither team handed one out.
Thanks for the report Exe much appreciated

andrew p long

Tavi looking for a friendly on Tuesday. Aren't we too?