• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pray for Paris

Curley

Argyle and Exeter rivalry aside it's times like this where regardless of where you're from or what football team you support becomes irrelevant.

Absolutely gut wrenching stuff.

R.I.P to the innocent lives taken.

'Pray'???

Somehow I don't think religion is the answer here.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
'Pray'???

Somehow I don't think religion is the answer here.
Religion is never the answer. It is always the excuse.

STURTZ

My thoughts exactly regarding this pray for Paris thing.

Which God do we pray to and if we get through do we ask Him if all the other Gods will agree?

Which God do we pray to?
The irony is, for all intents and purposes, "Allah" and "God" (in the Christian sense) are the same, it's just the marketing campaigns that differ.

Alistair20000

The irony is, for all intents and purposes, "Allah" and "God" (in the Christian sense) are the same, it's just the marketing campaigns that differ.
Don't they have different beliefs though ? I am not really into the religious scene.

Last edited:
It's all in the interpretation innit.

Avening Posse

Don't they have different beliefs though ? I am not really into the religious scene.
Of sorts, but same God, just different prophet, Mohammed having God's words go through him and written as the direct word of God as opposed to the word of Mohammed, obviously simplified but that's the crux....and obviously differences with the Koran having differing fundamental tenets but a massive amount of crossover

GrecianWonder

It's all in the interpretation innit.
So the 'interpretation' is from the same source? No....

Red Robbo

Farther Christmas, the tooth fairy, the bogeyman, fairies at the bottom of the garden, elves, gnomes, borrowers, the devil, things that go bump in the night, gods. Just saying. ;)