• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Postcard collectors - help needed

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mum is finally moving to a smaller house and has therefore passed on dad's postcard collection for me to sell on her behalf.

There are 3 albums - one focussing on north Devon (especially chulmleigh) and two more about exeter and other parts of gods own county.

Does anyone know any dealers in the area? I can find the following list but there isn't a lot to go on...

http://postcard.co.uk/dealers_south_west.php

Any advice gratefully received...

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
My advice would be to place them in Bearnes Hampton and Littlewoods (Okehampton St, Exeter.) next Collectors Sale on the 19th May. There is live Internet bidding, so this will attract the widest possible interest, with serious collectors and dealers picking up on them with internet search engines.

There are a lot of local collectors with regular Post Card Fairs, taking place at Broadclyst. Off the dealers you list, the only one I know personally is Anne Scott (a retired teacher from Exmuff ?). She is always to be found viewing cards at Bearnes and the other local auction houses.

There is a long lead in time for this auction, so if you decide to go to go down this route you will need to act fast to ensure entry and get maximum exposure. Bearne's phone number is 01392 413100, and the person to contact is Martin McIlroy.

If all else fails PM me, I am also friendly with a guy in Abergavenny (originally from Christow way). He and his wife are primarily collectors, but always have a stall at Broadclyst. Selling to a dealer will likely realize around 50% of value, which you should easily better in the right auction, even after sellers premium has been deducted

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the advice. - have dropped them an email...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know iscalad? Pls ask him to check his pms