• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v The Mighty Exeter City MDT. 3pm KO

Smithyno6

We don’t have much choice this season but I don’t want to see one up top next season. If Bowman wins or loses the flick on it just comes straight back. We got up the pitch through our wingers at the start of the season but due to now having a well below Sparkes and Wilmott, who also seems off the pace after a bright start, we just don’t get anywhere. We have more possession because it’s all in our half and a quarter of theirs.
Final third is really lacking. But then haven’t we all been saying that for two seasons now?

No plan B and a dire watch at the moment.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can't just get rid of someone if they're under contract. If you want an explanation as to why they got the length of deal that they did then its because MT thought they were good enough. He didn't know Ajose would struggle with injury/attitude or that Atangana would turn into a camel.
Atangana was injured when he signed and it wasn’t until late October after signing in May of 2019 before we saw him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Atangana was injured when he signed and it wasn’t until late October after signing in May of 2019 before we saw him.
Correct and if I remember correctly the Cheltenham fans weren't very pleased to see him go and once he was fit from his Achilles injury he looked like a good player for a while. No idea what's happened to him but it almost felt like he was deliberately playing badly yesterday, he was literally that bad.

Rosencrantz

Correct and if I remember correctly the Cheltenham fans weren't very pleased to see him go and once he was fit from his Achilles injury he looked like a good player for a while. No idea what's happened to him but it almost felt like he was deliberately playing badly yesterday, he was literally that bad.
It's easy to forget that he was mainly good last season once fit. Whilst being nothing special passing wise, he seems to be now wearing concrete boots for all the ability to weight and direct a pass.

Banksy

I hope that doesn’t bode ill for Stubbs as well. It’s been explained carefully to me why we have to sign injured players but I still don’t understand it. Better to have one fully fit and ready to go player than two passengers.

Red Devon

It's easy to forget that he was mainly good last season once fit. Whilst being nothing special passing wise, he seems to be now wearing concrete boots for all the ability to weight and direct a pass.
Yes he was, but this season he couldn’t trap a bag of cement could he

IndoMike

Yes he was, but this season he couldn’t trap a bag of cement could he
Seriously, maybe he's worried about covid.
Maybe he's carrying a niggling injury
Maybe he is affected by lack of atmosphere at the ground
Maybe he's passed his peak
Maybe he's just not as good as we thought

It's normal for fans to get irritated if a player is performing badly, but there must be a reason for it - a reason we are not always aware of. I can"t imagine a player deliberately plays badly or is lazy. Same with Bowman and Seymour.

Topsham Boy

Williams and Randall were not the main culprits yesterday to be honest.

I thought Hartridge, McArdle, Atangana, Sparkes, Wilmott & Bowman were all atrocious.
Page was not having a particularly great game either but didn't deserve to be subbed so quickly.
Bringing Seymore on when you're chasing the game might work in 5 or 6 years time but he's just not a viable option in the immediate future.

A real rebuild is going to be needed this summer.
So who would you let go at the end of the season?
Fisher/Ajose/ Seymour/Atangana for sure IMO.
Plus will Bowman and Williams be off?
And will we sign Willmott and Iceman on a permanent deal? Would Ward come back?
What are we going to do about Kite, Dodd, Smerdon and the other youngsters?
Big summer for MT. Will he get it right this time?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So who would you let go at the end of the season?
Fisher/Ajose/ Seymour/Atangana for sure IMO.
Plus will Bowman and Williams be off?
And will we sign Willmott and Iceman on a permanent deal? Would Ward come back?
What are we going to do about Kite, Dodd, Smerdon and the other youngsters?
Big summer for MT. Will he get it right this time?
Regrettably, we have no chance of signing Jokull permanently. He is under contract with Reading until June 2022 and has made it pretty clear that Reading want his next loan to be higher up the pyramid, presumably to a decent L1 team.

Oliver

I hope that doesn’t bode ill for Stubbs as well. It’s been explained carefully to me why we have to sign injured players but I still don’t understand it. Better to have one fully fit and ready to go player than two passengers.
I believe I am right in saying that Stubbs had a knee operation in October 2020, thats around 5 months ago ,we signed him in the January window and he has not kicked a ball for us yet. Has he had a set back in his recovery ? How serious is or was his injury ? Will he play this season ?
We were told about a month ago that he was in training, albeit not full training, is he not going to feature on the bench sometime soon ?