• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 29/9/2018

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have disagreed with Antman in the past but he is completely right here. He has carefully rewatched the footage and explained in detail why the time was added. I’m not sure how this makes him a keyboard warrior?
No, he's a nice bloke. I believe his careful stop/start timing of the sequence of events is accurate too. Just to add another point that I delicately touched on earlier, I did wonder why Pyms stoppage lasted for a full 5 minutes. With that kind of apparent head injury, you would have totally expected him to come off, not get his nut bandaged up for no particular reason, since I dont think any blood was spotted. I doubt if we made a lot of PV fans over that! (worry)

denzel

I have disagreed with Antman in the past but he is completely right here. He has carefully rewatched the footage and explained in detail why the time was added. I’m not sure how this makes him a keyboard warrior?
Context is needed. You should forensically examine the previous 90 minutes to see what time should have been added on and why. And then look at every other game this season.
Nine times out of ten if the board says 5 they play 5 unless there's an injury, sub or goal. Trust us to get the exception as the ref did the same in the first half.

fred binneys head

However much time was added on, if we’d defended the back post properly we’d be talking about a 1-0 win.

PeteUSA

However much time was added on, if we’d defended the back post properly we’d be talking about a 1-0 win.
I agree, we still handed them that crappy goal!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Looked like a proper Sunday league goal didn’t it.... still consider it’s a decent point

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was in the far right hand corner of the ground (As City fans looked at the pitch) sat with other wheelchair users, with me being the only ECFC fan. Tbh 1-1 was probs a fair result from my position although it was obviously gutting to concede so late. What I noticed in particular was how their experienced Tom Pope completely ‘played’ Archie Collins towards the end. With Pope having touched the ball away from the box towards my position, he got in front of Archie very slightly, but enough to obscure the ref’s view and then proceeded to go down like the proverbial. There looked to be no contact at all and definitely not inside the box, as Pope was claiming, but a free kick was given which I think this was the start of the passage of play which led to their equaliser. Unfortunate that the ref got conned. Of course these things happen all the time and I hope Archie learns that these wily old campaigners are around all over.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Context is needed. You should forensically examine the previous 90 minutes to see what time should have been added on and why. And then look at every other game this season.
Kirky predicted 6 minutes of time added on before the board went up based on the stoppages to that point. The main commentator predicted 5.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was in the far right hand corner of the ground (As City fans looked at the pitch) sat with other wheelchair users, with me being the only ECFC fan. Tbh 1-1 was probs a fair result from my position although it was obviously gutting to concede so late. What I noticed in particular was how their experienced Tom Pope completely ‘played’ Archie Collins towards the end. With Pope having touched the ball away from the box towards my position, he got in front of Archie very slightly, but enough to obscure the ref’s view and then proceeded to go down like the proverbial. There looked to be no contact at all and definitely not inside the box, as Pope was claiming, but a free kick was given which I think this was the start of the passage of play which led to their equaliser. Unfortunate that the ref got conned. Of course these things happen all the time and I hope Archie learns that these wily old campaigners are around all over.
That definitely looked like a dive to me from the camera angle too, and if there was any contact it looked engineered by the striker with no challenge by Collins, and without that we could have won the game. I also agree that at least on the balance of play which was fairly equal in both halves, a draw was a fair result.

I thought their fans were brilliant by the way, really noisily pressurising the ref, although he was a stubborn one!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

[video=youtube;gQapaxHypc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQapaxHypc8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQapaxHypc8

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That away kit is dreadful on the eyes