• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
1. You shouldn’t be fuming, you need to let things go.

2. Tough game, I expect us to lose.
1. Nah. Some things need to be fumed over FOR EVER. Maybe not Big Nige mind. ;)

2. I rather fear you may be right on this.

Alistair20000

Referee has changed.
No longer Trevor Kettle ?

Love the erratic Mr Kettle me.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No longer Trevor Kettle ?

Love the erratic Mr Kettle me.
For all his erratic decision-making my memory is that we have a decent record with Mr Kettle. I think he was the ref when we won at Crawley a few years ago who failed to give a penalty when Ben Seymour scythed down a Crawley player.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hated Burslem and Vale so much he was a few years ago rehired as an honorary football advisor, made lifetime president of the club, and is the legatee of a statue being fundraised for by the supporters club.

Haha - fair play. :oops:

I'm maybe collapsing two stories into one. Might it have been Mrs Rudgy that hated all things Burslem? - & then Rudgy himself was a bit peeved when shown the door after all the years of service?

Funnily enough, after all these years, I'm actually back managing a research project which is based in Burslem - it's brought back a lot of memories.

Alistair20000

For all his erratic decision-making my memory is that we have a decent record with Mr Kettle. I think he was the ref when we won at Crawley a few years ago who failed to give a penalty when Ben Seymour scythed down a Crawley player.
I don't recall that particular incident but we have an excellent record with Mr T Kettle which is why i like to see him in charge of our games.

Wins 7
Draws 5
Losses 2

I recall him giving us a penalty against Walsall in March 2010 when Barry Corr fell over in the box. Other decisions of generosity no doubt available.

Looking at Port Vale's recent results makes interesting reading when compared to our results in the equivalent fixtures:

Bradford (A) won (we won)
Mansfield (H) won (we won)
Crawley (H) won (we won)
Colchester (A) lost (we lost)
Harrogate (A) drew (we drew)
Stevenage (H) won (we haven't played)
Rochdale (A) drew (we drew)
Tranmere (A) drew (we haven't played)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't recall that particular incident but we have an excellent record with Mr T Kettle which is why i like to see him in charge of our games.

Wins 7
Draws 5
Losses 2

I recall him giving us a penalty against Walsall in March 2010 when Barry Corr fell over in the box. Other decisions of generosity no doubt available.
I've just checked and it was Trevor Kettle who decided this tackle wasn't a penalty. Anyway this is all irrelevant as he's apparently not refereeing us tomorrow night any more. 1647869367171.png

Grecian2K

Referee has changed.
Replacement reported to be Bobby (I used to be famous) Madley.
Be afraid.
Be very afraid. :eek:

LDNGrecian

Why would you play Chieck on his weaker foot when you don't have to. He'd feel more at home covering Sweenz than he would Hartridge.
Seemed to do a good job there so far 🤷🏻‍♂️

fred binneys head

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hated Burslem and Vale so much he was a few years ago rehired as an honorary football advisor, made lifetime president of the club, and is the legatee of a statue being fundraised for by the supporters club.
Everyone knows John Rudge hated Vale and has the entire words of Delilah tattooed across his chest. FACT.