• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I prefer Coley as an impact sub. I'm not sure if it was inexperience but he looked lost when he started a home game recently and couldn't get involved at all. Play Brown and if he's fecked after 60 mins bring on Coley for the last half hour.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I prefer Coley as an impact sub. I'm not sure if it was inexperience but he looked lost when he started a home game recently and couldn't get involved at all. Play Brown and if he's fecked after 60 mins bring on Coley for the last half hour.
. . . Against their tiring defenders !

CraigECFC

Would love it if MT was just playing mind games. Describing the game as a free hit & saying we can't fill the bench. Be great fun when Dieng starts and we put out a full side.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would love it if MT was just playing mind games. Describing the game as a free hit & saying we can't fill the bench. Be great fun when Dieng starts and we put out a full side.
Even better if Nombe comes on for 5 mins and scores a hat trick !

grecIAN Harris

I'd bet to differ about that game. Coley was making all sorts of runs in to the right sort of areas but we were so bloody slow in moving the ball he nearly ran himself out of the ground. If you've got a fast player running between the lines then you need to play the ball to expose his running to good effect.

Grecianpasty

My concern with that line up is that we’d lose the midfield battle.

I’d go:

Cam
Key, Stubbs, diabate, Hartridge, caprice
Sweeney
Collins
Jay, Brown
Zanzala
I would go for exactly the same starting 11 but swap Diabete and Sweeney around. I'd rather we kept Sweeney on the right side of the back three as he's been our main stay there all season.

grecIAN Harris

I would go for exactly the same starting 11 but swap Diabete and Sweeney around. I'd rather we kept Sweeney on the right side of the back three as he's been our main stay there all season.
Chieck in midfield is just simply not a good idea. He is still finding his way in his own position, albeit very well, without over complicating his mind in a new unfamiliar position.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd bet to differ about that game. Coley was making all sorts of runs in to the right sort of areas but we were so bloody slow in moving the ball he nearly ran himself out of the ground. If you've got a fast player running between the lines then you need to play the ball to expose his running to good effect.
You can blame the rest of the team if you like, but Coley was dog shiit in that game.

Intheknow84

He will play key in CM due to his physical presence and engine. He is better in the air and will cover the ground.

STURTZ

He will play key in CM due to his physical presence and engine. He is better in the air and will cover the ground.
Not sure about that, he seems to be a one trick pony to me. Bombing forward up the right with players to run at he's in his element. Working in limited space, putting in tackles and spraying short passes around, well can't see it myself.