• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seemed to do a good job there so far 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would play Diabate in the middle and give Hartridge and Stubbs the chance to progress up their particular sides. Sweeny in front as a defensive midfielder.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No midfielders, our main striker out so it time to park the bus, hope to nick one on the break.

Id play a formation of 6-3-1.....!

Dawson
Key, Sweeney, Hartidge, Diabate, Stubbs, Caprice
Brown, Collins, Jay
Zanzala

Or you could look at it as a 4-5-1 with Caprice and Key pushing into midfield.

tonykellowfan

Whoever plays in CM with Collins has to be mobile and ready to mix it up.

I'm struggling to think who that might be.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

You could just load the midfield with 5 players.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

While not giving away a penalty or getting themselves sent off!

Leedsvaliant

Hi all. Looking forward to a cracking game tomorrow night. I don't think we've played an Exeter team since we've been back down here that hasn't been strong. I'm surprised that you haven't been promoted before now to be honest.

I think the talk about you postponing the match because of Covid was a little tongue in cheek. I'd expect it off a club like Stevenage but I don't think Exeter are like that as a club. Sometimes injuries happen and it seems that you have a squad that can deal with them.

I'm expecting a very tough game to be honest. It seems that you haven't been at your absolute best in the past few weeks but have picked up results...the sign of a good team. Your manager was talking about a 'free hit' almost, which plays well psychologically as the players will feel they have nothing to lose.

We're not a team full of technically brilliant players. Wilson has the touch and movement that's a level above but apart from that it's more about the power and running. Our fitness levels are top notch and we're not afraid to use muscle when needed. Garrity in midfield is having a brilliant season and his energy to run beyond the strikers is one to watch.

Having said that, we have thrown in a couple of stinkers on a Tuesday night, but we should be full of confidence. We do have a bit of a habit of conceding a soft goal and lack pace generally. A draw wouldn't be a disaster for either team and I think that's what it will be.

fred binneys head

I love going to the Vale, another proper club, passionate fans (unless they lose two on the trot when they all disappear 😉) and a big, traditional ground. I’d heard great things about wright’s pies though and I’m sorry to say I thought they were shiite.

I’d be delighted with a draw tomorrow night. Any result is possible as we’re two good teams, so who gets the breaks or who plays with confidence might win it, it’s a close call.

My heart says 2-1 City but my head says 2-0 Vale. My head can be a right tw&t at times.

jimmy

Any news on any loan recall yet?

Leedsvaliant

I love going to the Vale, another proper club, passionate fans (unless they lose two on the trot when they all disappear 😉) and a big, traditional ground. I’d heard great things about wright’s pies though and I’m sorry to say I thought they were shiite.

I’d be delighted with a draw tomorrow night. Any result is possible as we’re two good teams, so who gets the breaks or who plays with confidence might win it, it’s a close call.

My heart says 2-1 City but my head says 2-0 Vale. My head can be a right tw&t at times.
Yeah. Wrights pies are mass produced crap. You want to try an oatcake with sausage and cheese, heaven.

denzel

Will Aaron Martin play tomorrow night? I note he wasn't in the squad against Bradford, though he has been a regular this season.
James Wilson is probably their danger man, hopefully Sam can take care of him..